Someone help me

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Nat, May 27, 2009.

1. Nat

Nat Member

im principal cornet in my band and after a nasty incident involving me passing out and bashing my face in i cant play cornet for the whits,
    however there is a silver lining in the form of a drum - i cant play bass drum or snare as they are both taken for the marches but an idea came to me in the form of the tomtom my question is how do you play that on a march as i cant find any videos that give me an idea so could anyone tell me how?
  2. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Ouch hope you're ok Natalie. Just play another snare drum, and you can always turn the snares off if you want a different sound.

Sorry I won't see you's this year at whits but we are in France :( would rather be in Saddleworth...i'd have yorkshre people over the frogs any day! :D
  3. Nat

Nat Member

he he im fine and thankfully so is the baby lol apparently i didnt even try and protect myself when i went down but it kinda sucks because of all the practice ive been putting in and its all for nothing :>
  4. tomtom? i would use the garmin nuvi
  5. Beatnic

Beatnic New Member

Had you considered playing marching cymbals?
  6. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Nat, why don't you just go to enjoy it. Sit on the coach, drink (coke I expect in your condition) and then be the beer runner for the others so their drinks are ready for after they have played - may mean the band is quicker and do more villages? It will probably be less tiring and stressful for you and the baby too. Either way I hope you enjoy it.
  7. wez.k

wez.k Member

Why not play Crash Cymbals?, they sound great on the march along with the Side/Bass Drums. Good luck.
  8. Al

Al Member

Watching has got to be the best option, you have a good excuse not to play so just watch your band and see the others too. Far better than being sat on a coach at Delph or wherever for ages waiting to play.

Oh, and don't call it "the whits". I understand the organisers don't like the Whit Marches being called that! :)