Some quick shots from Madrid this evening..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 27, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Am presently in Madrid for a few days.

Here's some shots... nothing fancy, just went for a 30 mins stroll around Madrid and snapped away. Here's some quickies... all handheld on the E-510.

First one is on my new blog here - http://mrjohn.co.uk/index.php?showimage=4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. horn1

horn1 Member

Quick question; looking at shot 3 I presume you used a tripod. Do you routinely take a tripod away with you? I've never managed to find one that isn't the bulkyist thing in the world!

Lovely photos by the way!

3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Where are the brass band?

:p

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Well, they wouldn't be in the Random and Off-Topic forum anyway....................

:p

5. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

These are excelent night shots, I've always used a tripod to do mine , I havn't tried with my new digital camera yet these have inspired me to have a go.
    Night Photography has been one of my hobbies for a long time.

6. T Winch

T Winch Member

I've got a Manfrotto tripod which is very light and compact. It takes up very little space in a suitcase. I think I got it from Jessops. Hope this is in time for your letter to Santa :biggrin:

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I always have my tripod in the boot of my car, just in case! I've not had a great deal of success with it though; they still come out a little shaky even with the tripod supposedly holding it steady. I thought my tripod was quite a good one too! I might try setting a delay so that I press the button and it takes the photo a few seconds afterwards - that way I know I'm not wobbling the camera on the tripod.

You can get little table top tripods which are about 8 or 9 inches long that are not too difficult to carry around. I don't own one though so I don't know how good they are.... You can get them for under a fiver at 7dayshop.com

8. horn1

horn1 Member

Just looked at the Manfrotto tripod, looks fab but I don't think santa's budget will stretch to that :(
    Just bought myself a cheap £18 tripod off amazon that I'm going to experiment with. Seems quite good so far, fingers crossed. I also got myself a remote for my EOS 400D so I shouldn't have to worry about camera shake anymore. I'm just amazed anyone takes a tripod to MAdrid on the offchance! :)

9. HBB

HBB Active Member

It does actually say "all handheld on the E-510", so does that not imply no tripod? - I dunno, I'm hopeless with cameras!!!

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

These pictures remind me of a couple I took in Glasgow when I happened to have my camera with me. A clue to what the building is that before it was refurbished the hall had reputedly one of the best acoustics in the UK ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    E-510.First one
    Madrid
    quick shots
    evening
    quickies
  12. horn1

horn1 Member

erm yes, that'd be me being thick then!

13. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I got a freebee tripod when I bought a camera in Tokyo a few years back. It has telescopic legs, made of aluminium, and is really light and small. It came in a little bag and folded up was about 9" long. It's been absolutely brilliant and it fits easily in a jacket pocket or shoulder bag.

Great pics, boss! I am extremely envious, having just walked my (reluctant) dogs in the freezing cold, with an icy wind blowing in from the Urals.:eek:

14. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Delay would be your answer, The older cameras used to have a cable release so as not to disturbe or shake the camera.