Some People Have A Nerve...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by The-Wee-Timpanist, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Yesterday, my day at work was far from normal...

On Tuesday we had a charity box stolen. Normally this doesn't bother us too much as its something that can happen quite a bit but it was for a local guy who was raising money for cancer after his wife died last year from the disease.
    So, anyways our boss phoned the police yesterday (they were off on Tuesday) and the 2 police officers came round and took statements and some cctv footage.
    Later on that day, as I was finishing off, I looked out the window and here is the guy who stole the box sitting on the wall across the road. He was just sitting reading his paper like he was a tourist! So we phoned the police to say he was sitting outside. Just as we hung up the phone, the guy pulls the money he stole out his bag and sits and counts it, right in front of the shop! :eek: I mean how can someone have the guts to actually do that?!

Thankfully, the police arrived in time and arrested him. But, whats to say they'll actually do anything?

Its so infuriating that someone can actually have the nerve to return to the scene in less than 24hours. You wonder what people actually think sometimes.
  2. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

A****** is the only word for people like that.
  3. dizzy068

dizzy068 Member

4. It was more the fact that he'll more than likely be given a warning. I know its not a huge criminal offence its just frustrating and we want to see justice served.
  5. leisa

leisa Active Member

then he'll probably go and do the exact thing again! Maybe attach the box to the counter in future?
  6. Funnily enough the box was attached to the counter albeit just by string but its not something you really expect in a small community.
  7. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

Sickening people like that.
  8. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

In the old days, the fuzz would have taken him round the other side of the wall and given him a good hiding. Or have I been watching too much 'Professionals' on ITV4?

Seriously, though, the bloke probably didn't give it another thought. It's a way of life for some people and arrest is considered a minor occupational hazard.
  9. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Don't blame the Police for the way the CPS works:frown: