Some good news...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Fishsta, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Hey, folks... Just thought you might like to know that I have joined the the rather exclusive club of fathers! My better half, Sara, gave birth at 11.22am on the 31st of January to a beautiful 8lb baby girl, for whom we have not yet decided on a name!

I am absolutely knackered, having only had 3 hours sleep since Sunday morning, but it was absolutely worth it. She's so beautiful, I was moved to tears as she was delivered, cutting the cord was somewhat of an honour to me, I witnessed first-hand the miracle of birth, my life is changed forever, but I'm glad of it!

Sara went through a relatively short labour, but I'm sure it seemed long enough to her!

Going to get some sleep now as I'm obviously back there in the morning...

So what do you get when you cross a Wigan fan with a Bradford fan, with the birth being in Warrington?

Ask me in 18 years time!

2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Congratulations Fishta from one new dad to another. Mrs johnmartin delivered a healthy 6lb 1oz baby boy at 6:47pm on the 31st January also. Poor Gillian had an 18 hour labour and the little fella eventually had to be delivered by forceps because she was so tired. I too have now joined the rather exclusive club of fathers and I was also moved to tears. Life will never be the same now I have a mini-me. :)
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations to you both - I'm sure all the sleepless nights will be worth it :shock: ;) :D
  4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

good to know evrybody is doing fine to.

:clap: :clap: :guiness :guiness :metal:
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hey, Congratulations Mr and Mrs should have got some sleep while you could! :-D
  6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Congrats to you both. I remember when my daughter was born and I was on cloud nine. 3 years on and shes still got daddy round her little finger!.
  7. Heather

Heather Member

Many congratulations. Your life will never be the same again...but its wonderful!!
    As for the rugby problem......why not forget Wigan,. Bradford and Warrington. If its such a big problem, take the easy option and watch Swinton like me!

Best Wishes to you, your wife and your new baby daughter xxx
  8. rutty

rutty Active Member

As long as she's not a Saints fan she'll be fine ;)

Congrats, though rather you than me :)
  9. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Congratulations Fishsta, and hope you get some sleep. I can sympathise with the Wigan/Warrington/Bradford issue: after all, I've fathered a Yorkshireman - how tough is that going to be?

The first three months are the worst...

10. dyl

dyl Active Member

Congratulations Ian and John! Welcome to the best years of your life!
  11. brass journo

brass journo Member

congrats to all the new mummys and daddys.

get the babies to band rehearsals as soon as possible. It makes them great sleepers! just ask my Oliver!!!!
  12. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Congratulations to you and your lady, I hope your new little bundle of joy is very joyful!:)
  13. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Congrats to both sets of proud parents!

So, I know the young Fishta will be called TeMPany, but what will the little Mr Martin be called?:-D ThoMPas? TiMPothy? Terence Michael Peter?

Answers on a postcard...

Will the Uncle
  14. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

congratulations!!! :-D Will you be inititating her into the way of bands at the Preston Contest?! :-D
  15. Libby

Libby Member

Congratulations to you both! :)
  16. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Congrats Ian!!!!! Wish you and the little one all the best and hope she turns out just like me at 18 :D
  17. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Well Henrik was ruled out pretty quickly :(. Perhaps I might be able to get G to agree to Aston :)
  18. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

many congrats to all!
    My first grandchild is due to arrive in July!!
  19. Di

Di Active Member

Wahoo, congratulations.
  20. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Congrats to you both!