Solo Tromb needed for day out in York, Sat July 17th

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by timbloke, Jun 21, 2004.

1. timbloke

timbloke Member

Any trombonists available to cover me for a day out in York.. order of the day is:

10am - coach leaves Sheffield
    AM - free time in York
    PM - play in centre of York for a couple of hours
    Later - leave York travel back via a meal out somewhere and drinking
    Evening/Night - Drinking even more

Stupidly I'm missing this one as it is always a good laugh. Potential player would need to make at least one rehearsal (Sun/Thurs Eve) and either get to Sheffield in the AM or meet the band in York for the job after lunch.

Band is Stannington Band, 1st Section (Yorks). Very friendly although slightly alcoholic band. (as if a band could be anything other)

Anyone interested - get in touch.
  2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

17 July

Tim are you coming on the Lakes drinking practice weekend for the Holland tour then?

I seem to remember last year we had a good session in Carlisle before retiring to the Golden Pheasant at Cliburn for the evening. Things got a bit vague after someone suggested a drinking game which I think we all lost.
  3. timbloke

timbloke Member

Re: 17 July

No. Unfortunately I am on holiday with claire that weekend so there'll be no band commitments from me at any band. Honest. :wink:
  4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

OK matey - hope you have a really good holiday and we will all be thinking about you whilst we are in the Lakes. You really deserve a rest after all the hard work you did moving house :? no come to think of it that might have been me. Thanks for the beer anyway. :)
  5. timbloke

timbloke Member

I'm sure you enjoyed it. Didn't take long to finish.

Trombonist still needed....

Times slightly changed - Leave Sheffield at 9am, playing 12pm - 2pm.

Please get in touch. I'm more than willing to return the cover.