Solo Piece Advice (movie / Stage theme)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Pete_The_Sop, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Pete_The_Sop

Pete_The_Sop Member

hi

I've recently got back into banding and joined a local band (Wells City Band) and i'm looking for a cornet solo (Bb) but it has to be on the movie / Stage theme, the band are around 4th section in terms of ability so please bear this in mind when coming up with suggestions (i.e. not the kill bill theme tune! cause there is no way i can play that)

any advice would be great, looking for a solo that is easily recognisable etc

thanks alot for your help

Pete

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    solo
    band
    advice
    terms
    ability
  3. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

live and let die

4. andyp

andyp Active Member

For Your Eyes Only (is written for flugel but works fine on cornet also).

5. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Sorry - I read your username and thought you needed it for Sop! Doh!

There are quite a few ALW ones such as I don't know how to love him, Don't cry for me argentina etc but they are a bit prosaic.

6. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Hey Big Spender?
    Flug part, but we recently recorded a CD and I played it on cornet....so it must be easy!

7. Pete_The_Sop

Pete_The_Sop Member

np on that i used to "try" and play sop a few years ago, before a 2-3 year break, now got back into playing and i'm back on Bb

thanks for the suggestions time to see what i can get my hands on to practice

8. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Here's to the Heroes (John Dunbar Theme from Dances with Wolves)

John Barry arr. Paul Drury

Available from www.m8music.co.uk

9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Intermezzo from Cavallera Rusticana, Mascagini. Not too tricky, easy enough on the band, soft slow and classy! (youtube it for Emley playing at Malton contest)

10. Pete_The_Sop

Pete_The_Sop Member

Ploughboy is that solo for Bb or Eb as i seen to remember it being on Peter Roberts Legend CD..... if its Bb i need to find a copy! its good

11. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

It's for Bb, just a high last note (Bb) but rest is very accesible. It's Gordan Langford arranged.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    solo
    band
    advice
    terms
    ability
  13. ROBTHEDOG

ROBTHEDOG Member

You could do the Concerto d' Orangejuice (Rodriquez) from Brassed Off (really Flugel but would work for Bb Cornet - We use the Fernie arrangement ..