Solo Euph - dep required - urgent

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Roger Thorne, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I know this is very short notice but unfortunately I have just been informed that our solo/principal euph player is unable to undertake an important engagement this Sunday evening (29th) at Doveston which is approx. 9 miles West of Shrewsbury.

Are there any Euphonium players willing to help Wem Jubilee Band this coming weekend. The engagement is basically a 2 hour concert ending with a Last Night of the Proms finale accompanied by fireworks etc.

All expenses will be paid.

If you could possibly help us out it would be much appreciated. Ideally a run through at Friday's rehearsal would also be beneficial - (again all expenses paid) Obvisouly this is not a necessity at such short notice.

If you could possibly help please contact me by e-mail or PM.

Roger

:wink:

2. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

If I pull out an then at the last minute come back can I get paid...? - just kidding!
    Good luck finding someone it should be a great concert, and for a dep euph toplay with us fine people I am sure you will have no trouble findong someone.

3. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Come on you Euphs, we're a really friendly bunch and we'd make you feel most welcome.

4. blondie

blondie Member

To right you two, any body would think their scared of us lot. Come and play with us we're a good laugh, and we promise to look after you. Not only that it's a good gig. RT, me, twigglet and Mel, did it last year. Nice picturesque setting and some cracking music to play!!!!!!!!!!

Go on ya' know ya' wanna' 8) 8)

5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I'd love to - but I'm busy. It's a bit of a monster journey by public transport too...

Dave

6. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

just out of intrest were is wem?

7. Roger Thorne

Thanks Dave

:shock: :shock: :shock:

9 miles North of Shrewsbury.

8. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

whats with the :shock: 's?

don't even know were shrewsbury is :? my geography is bad!

nevermind

9. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Wem is the place you don't go to if you are hungry and it's a Saturday afternoon. ;) . The happy, joy-filled inhabitants make up for this, however..

10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

he says as theMusicMan happily remembers a merry jaunt around Wem with Keppler, Sparkling_Quavers and theMusicBoy desperately looking for a place to eat on a Saturday afternoon... pubs, chippies, cafe's, restaurants - alas... none would serve us...:(

A good concert was had by all though which more than made up for it...:)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Great
    Solo Euph
    Roger
    player Roger
  12. Roger Thorne

:lol: :lol:

I was waiting for that! (Hook, Line and Sinker eh!!)

Don't worry about it, by the time we've explained where Wem/Shrewsbury is the Concert will be long gone!!

13. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

ahh people always reel me in!! :oops: :lol: :lol:

14. frisp

frisp Member

Roger, you should be ashamed!!

Abusing your position as a moderator. Everyone else looking for players would post (correctly) in the 'Recruitment' corner-this is the Rehearsal Room.

Without wanting to upset anyone, you other mods are very lax as well, watching him do it and condoning it!!!!

Being serious for a sec, if you get a situation where the people in charge ignore the rules, what do you expect from everyone else?

15. Salli

Salli Member

Hi Frisp

Just thought I'd better explain that Roger is asking to 'borrow' a euphonium player for a concert, not recruit one as a permanent member of the band.

If you look at the description on the 'Forum Index' of the type of threads to be posted in 'The Rehearsal Room' it lists 'Requests for borrowed players'.

Therefore, no rules have been broken!

:lol: :roll: :lol: :wink:

Salli

16. Roger Thorne

Thank you Salli,

Just to remind everyone what the Rehearsal Room is for:

• The Rehearsal Room
      Post your generic queries here. Questions & discussion about Brass Banding in general, you know... bandroom gossip, interesting player moves, requests for borrowed players, types of music available, instruments, band comments, suggesions & ideas for social gatherings... come on... anything general.

17. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Frisp,

Ingnore the rules..... not as far as I'm aware :shock: As far as I'm concerned, I am very lucky and simply have been extremely fortunate in managing to find a team of such dedicated Moderators. I support their activities 100% - it's reassuring to know that issues will be dealt with on the times when I am not able to be online etc.

Though I cannot bring to mind any occasion when potential inflamatory or offensive topics have not been discussed by myself and the Mods what I hope you would do if this was indeed the case is to contact me - it's as simple as that! Are you aware of anything Frisp that you might want to point out to me? Please PM me or email me here john@themouthpiece.com if you are.

fyi - ALL contentious issues are always discussed between the myself and our Mods - this conversation occurs in my Moderator forums - which, I can assure you, is a very, very busy place... :)

Hope this clarifies things.

John

18. euphemism

euphemism Member

I could probably get over to Shrewsbury - its a fair trek - but if you are still struggling let me know.

I'm Nottingham based...

I'm currently solo Euph with Long Eaton (3rd section from Jan)- but did play 2nd Euph with Frickley at the Grand Shield ....my only problem would be struggling to get to a rehearsal.....

Anyhow - let me know

19. Roger Thorne

Cheers Carl

20. Di B

Di B Member

Would come over and help - funny enough I will be in the rural area of Shrewsbury on Saturday evening! (You aren't holding a bbq perchance?!!) Unfortunatly it is our band rehearsal night (we rehearse every Sunday) and I cannae let 'em down really not even for you! ;-)

Best of luck finding someone though.... would possible suggest asking around the Brum/Staffs bands?

Hope this helps.

21. Roger Thorne

Thanks for the offer of help and thanks to everyone else for offering. It is really appreciated. I've now managed to secure a player for the evening.

No BBQ I'm afraid, I'll be in Easingwold on Saturday with the tMP Band. What brings you over to Shrewsbury then?

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Great
    Solo Euph
    Roger
    player Roger