Solo Cornet Player looking for band in Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Trumpet Major, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Hi Folks

After leaving a band following nearly five years of being principal cornet with 100% attendance at rehearsals and engagements , I am looking to spread my wings and look at either a full time new band/quintet etc or to do a lot of depping.
    I now live in South Yorkshire (S71) and am an ex army professional musician with own transport.

I am also MD of a concert band and so would not be able to attend rehearsals on a Thursday night or Sunday morning.

Please feel free to contact me and I will reply to all messages.
    Many Thanks
  2. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

I Must add that due to injuries sustained in the Army, I cannot take part in marches. Sorry
  3. Ruth Lumb

Ruth Lumb Member

Hi Louise,
    Golcar band in Huddersfield are looking for a front row cornet,seat dependant on ability. We are a friendly, fun, ambitious band and rehearse Mon eve 7.30-9.30pm.
    For more infomation contact myself Ruth Lumb on 07583 304875 or see our website

All the best
  4. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

Ruth, I believe Louise could fill the Top Chair with her eyes closed, her playing ability is second to non. LOL

5. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

John, thats very kind but do I know you?
  6. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

Sent PM LOUISE.
  7. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Hi Louise,

Deepcar band (currently 4th Section) are looking for a principal cornet player at present. We are only 10 miles from Barnsley, Sheffield and Huddersfield (so well within reach of S71).

We are an ambitious band, with well attended rehearsals and a good bandroom atmosphere. Come along and have a blow, or just come for a listen one night if you fancy.

We rehearse Monday and Friday evenings in Deepcar. PM me if you are interested or if you want to ask anything else.

Hope we might see you soon!

8. Frank H

Frank H New Member

Hi Louise,
    We are currently looking for a principal cornet at Frickley South Elmsall Band (Yorks. 1st Section).
    The band rehearse in South Elmsall, which, is only about 3 or 4 miles away from the S71 postcode that you are now living in.
    We are a friendly and ambitious band, and you would be made very welcome.
    For more information please contact me by e-mail at or Frank Hoyland by facebook message. alternatively you may ring me on 07712200382. Hope to hear from you soon!!!

MD Frickley South Elmsall Brass Band
  9. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

New band

Thanks AP. Will be in touch
  10. Ripon city band

Hi Louise,
    Ripon City are looking for a front row cornet player , we are a third section outfit that has qualified for the National Finals and aiming for 2nd sEction status.
    You can contact me on 07711616373
  11. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Cheers Malcolm :)
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  12. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Thanks for the offers both public and private. I have now made a decision on my future band and have decided to carry on depping for the meantime. Its been a priveledge to get out and meet so many nice people so certainly for a while thats my plan.
    Thanks again though