Solo Competitions.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by emziesonic, Mar 29, 2009.

1. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Hiya,
    basically im looking for some local slow melody competions around the midlands area, have no idea whatsoever about where to start so i came and had a mooch on here hopefully with some help from you!

Thanks,
    Em x

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Solo Competitions
    Em x
    midlands area
    local slow melody competions
    idea
  3. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Hi Em

Not sure if Oxford is a bit too much of a trek for you but the ODBBA are holding the Oxford Brass Festival on Sunday 10th May at Sandhills School Oxford. If you would like an entry form you can either PM me or download from www.odbba.org

4. TUBAWAY ARMY

TUBAWAY ARMY Member

Hi there,

Leicestershire Brass Band Association organise 2 a year at Groby, Leicester. One of which is next month, April. LBBA is a member on here (Kirk Turner) and he should be able to help you with details.

5. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I'm pretty sure there's one near Derby, because i tried to enter it last year and wasn't allowed because i'm not part of the Derbyshire brass band association or something. i saw that advertised on tMp.

6. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Hi! If you look on the Festivals website www.federationoffestivals.org.uk you can get info about local Music Festivals - these are great for experience and standing up in front of an audience. You also get constructive criticism that you can use to improve your playing. :D
    Bit of a downside is that brass sections tend not to be well attended, and also you may not have a brass-playing adjudicator. The lack of brass entrants is a national problem, and one which Festival organisers try tirelessly to remedy. Many will try and accomodate the Brass Band calendar, but there are still thousands of brass players that, for one reason or another, don't enter Festivals. :(
    That said, they are a geat experience and not as well supported as they could be. :p