Softly Awakes my Heart

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by meandmycornet, Mar 13, 2005.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I would like to know if anybody's knows of anywhere online where I could get a midi file of Softly Awakes my Heart as I can't find it anywhere, I've googled and looked in iTunes, anybody got any ideas??

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I only found one site with the Saint-Saens song you were after, but it was down! :mad:

... try this link below for alternatives ...
  3. meandmycornet

hmm i tried that link, it came up with one website.... which....... suprise, suprise is also down! thanks anyway brassneck!

anyone else got any ideas??
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

5. Salli

Salli Member

6. meandmycornet

Thank you both so much! I have been looking for the sheet music for it too so you predicted what I was going to ask next thankyou brassneck and thans Salli for the midi!
  7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:) ... even better luck! The midi file seems exactly like the .pdf file! :clap:

One itty bitty thing though, ... the midi file sounds that it was recorded in real time using a sequencer. This could mean a little work correcting the note values in a proggy like Sibelius or Finale.
  8. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

if you have any problems with fixing the note values... don't hesistate to pm because i already have sheet music for it and am happy to help you out.....I have sibelius too so that makes things easier.:D

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've already posted a link with the sheet music above. The problem is how Sibelius interprets music played freely with rubato through a midi keyboard when the quantisation function is disabled in a sequencer. The music may sound more 'human' and expressive as it is basically a real-time recording with the player dubbing parts. But, a rallentando in a freely played sequence will be read by Sibelius rigidly, thus displacing barlines because it has to quantise and represent notes as accurately as we can judge them. The long road inputting notes from the written score is a better, more accurate process.