Softly, as i leave you

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sugarandspice, Nov 22, 2004.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

apparently its a song too?? (although i've been told not a very good one!) apparently i should listen to ummm who sings it? and when was it released?

while were on the topic-anyone got any suggestions for good euph duets?
  2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

How very odd....yesterday I was listening to Frank Sinatra and recognised one of the pieces. I'm not sure if my media player has picked up the names wrongly as when you click on a track called 'bewitched' it plays a song with softly as I leave you in the lyrics...if you click on softly as I leave you it plays something else!
    But it's Frank Sinatra anyway!
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Several people have recoded this Kelly, eg: Sinatra, Monro, Williams.R. Google will help you...:)

Try this.
  4. McEuphie

McEuphie Member

Softly, as I leave you, is a lovely (sad) song and there are various recordings on the web.

Softly can be played as a solo or duet (top Cs for both parts!)

Other duets:

Perhaps Love - John Denver song - nice and easy
    Deep inside the Sacred Temple (Pearl Fishers) - excel - needs practice in top reg

If you fancy a bit of fun with your solo cornet try - Something Stupid (Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman)

5. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I could say something totally unsuitable for this "family" forum in reply to that comment ;) Hee hee,(i'll try and control myself!!) but yes-our solo cornet plays it with the flugal player (its on the CD so buy it everyone!)

have played softly as i leave you as a solo, and thinking about playing it as a duet unless i find something even nicer! :)
  6. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

It's originally an Italian Ballad, with all copyrights on the actual music still belonging to Edizioni Curci of Milan. The Italian Lyrics were written by G. Calabrese, witht he famous english translation done by Hal Shaper.
  7. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Brand new and hot off the press from MMI Music is Jon Bennett's arrangement of the Billy Preston & Syreeta 1979 hit "With You I'm Born Again". Complete Band Set with Full Score costs just £20.00 (P&P inc)

I'll gladly email pdf of the soloists part to you (and anyone else interested) - just pm me with your email address.
  8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Here is one for you as a Euph Duet to play:

Rondoletto for Two Euphoniums by FRANK BRYCE it is available from KIRKLEES MUSIC and if you can/ want to know how it goes get the C.D THE VIRTUOSI BRASS BAND OF GREAT BRITAIN VOL 1 avilable from KIRKLEES Music the cd number is
    KRCD 1020.
    It is played by Trevor Groom & John Clough.Conducte dby James Scott:)
  9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

In a word....NO!

The repetiore 4 euph duets is either cheese, softly, pearl fishers etc...or canny tricky, brilliante, flying home etc