Social Stereotypes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

The film Purely Belter was on channel 4 the other night, and as there was nowt else on I decided to watch it.

I have seen nothing that was soooooo stereotypical, nearly sentence contained the word "man" or "like" and I lost the amount of times the word f**k was used!

Just for the record not all geordies go on like this (well not all the time anyway)....anyone else come across anything so stereotypical about a certain region, people, etc
  2. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Yes I know what you mean Andy...Still it can be quite funny , Have a look at the film "Twin Town " with Rhys Ifans and his brother Llyr. How Many welsh TMP'rs have seen Male Voice Choirs on mumbles pier in the middle of the night. and every Welsh person with a tear in the eye at Llanelli beating the All Blacks....
    Good to see North Walians like Rhys and Llyr taking on a role like these brothers , I would recomend this film to anyone..Blimey I sound Like Barry Norman or Johnathan Ross..
    can I apply for the Job of film reviewer for TMP?????
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Stereotypes? I take it you have seen Brassed Off...
  4. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Never heard of it.....
  5. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Brassed off--- Would a horn player EVER bet there horn?!?!!

(and wuld a flugalplayer ever ewar lipstick while playing)

k x
  6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Anyway, I think I'm ok... there aren't really any stereotypes of the Irish... :roll:
  7. nickjones

nickjones Active Member clothes , red beard and hair...and cackling about pots of gold? not in Ireland , to be sure I have not seen one recently...( and before anyone says dont take the micky , my Grandparents are Irish ( from Limerick so I can talk for hours and hours...)
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

. . . but only in 5-line bursts :shock:
  9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I am Welsh, we own sheep:-D
  10. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

How many scousers have you seen with a curly perm , a thick tash and a fetish for Shell Suits...
    bad example really
  11. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I'm a geordie and I like beer :-D :-D