So- whose going to see Genesis in Concert then?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I will, and Mrs the Sec wants to go too.

Twickers for us, probably...
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Me me me.... oh yes sir!!!
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Steve and Adam will be going (hopefully! ) to Manchester.
  4. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Have programmed the date into my diary for Twickenham! Now all thats left is to secure tickets!
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- how many of the original band is left now? Is the new album going to be called "And Then There Were Two (or One)" ?? ;)
  6. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

The Line up will be:

Phil Collins
    Tony Banks
    Mike Rutherford
    Daryl Steurmer
    Chester Thompson

Which as I remember was the line up when I last saw them at Knebworth in 1992 and also at Wembley Stadium (that was the national football stadium for those of you to young to remember it!) in the mid 80's on the invisible touch tour. May even have been the line up on the Abacab tour too!

Also no new album is scheduled I believe at the present moment.
  7. Will the Sec

Yep - that line up was in place from the "And then there were three" tour in 1978 until Knebworth 1992.
  8. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Good god :eek: I went to see them on that tour at Leicester de-Montford Hall in 1978.
    Just worked it out that was 28 years ago !!. Phil Collins was even balding then - looks like Ive caught him up and overtaken him! :-? Oh dear...don't I feel old right now :(
  9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

It will be interesting to see how much they change the songs. On the webcast of the Press conference (cant find the link at the mo but sure Will knows it!) Tony Banks admitted that they remembered the songs however getting his fingers to move as quickly as before was taking a bit of getting used to!

The great thing is they must be doing for the love of it rather than the money, although no doubt that had an influence on it!
  10. Will the Sec

Bloomin' touts. Not even got the tickets yet, and already trebling the price.

REAL prices appear to be £35, £45, and £75.

And the bad news is that they are released a week before payday! :eek:

Ask me another about Genesis...
  11. Will the Sec

Is that not you in your avatar, then, BH?
  12. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Absolute pain the timing of the release of tickets with regard to pay-day however I have been thinking of the following:

Dear Santa, Chunky on the whole has been a good boy this year and he would really like a couple of tickets to Twickenham to see Genesis.

Or Dear Jim, please will you fix it for me to see Genesis at Twickenham.

Failing that guess it will be pay over the odds on E-Bay!
  13. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Where else are they playing and when?
  14. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

reckon ive more chance of getting Glastonbury tickets this year myself, but will try for OT.
  15. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Twickenham is the 7th July & Old Trafford is on the 8th July. These are the only 2 dates in the UK. There are another 18 dates around Europe and then they will be doing 20 dates in the USA.

According to Phil Collins 20 shows is not a tour more a collection of shows! This based on the fact he said he would never tour again!
  16. Will the Sec

And that they won't be away for nearly two years like on the last two full tours.
  17. postie

postie Member

To be fair i can remember him saying that due to severe tinnitus. At least it's not a tour though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Tour / collection of shows, whatever its called its great that they are going to get together again.

I just hope they really commit to the shows and don't just go through the motions. After 15 years apart I just hope that the magic that a Genesis live show produces is still there.
  19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- you mean returning to the glorious light shows they had during the '70s? Something like this?
  20. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Oh yes indeed!!! Imagine what they could create with todays's technology.