So who's going to be ill for pontins?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I must be the unluckiest person in the world, for yet another band contest it looks as though i'm going to be ill! Just starting to get a cold now and i'm not a happy bunny, gonna lemsip it to the max to try and get rid of it!

Anyone else looking likely to have the lurgey for the weekend?

2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'm a bit snotty, but I'll fight it- no cold will hold me down!

3. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I'm normally ill because of pontins. Does that count?

4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Oh I think you're being a bit hard on yourself there Caroline....;) :)

Not going to Pontins :( because we have a recording booked, but I am sick as a dog at the moment - huge cold, affecting nose, throat, ears and balance. I'm hoping to get rid before the weekend as I'm sure one of my fff sneezes right in the middle of a take won't go down too well :redface: . Plus, because I can't hear anything out of my right side - the side which is nearest the band - I simply can't hear whats going on. Not good, even if not being able to hear what I'm playing might be a good thing...

Anyway Andy: I hope you get better soon, I find a sure fire cure for colds is brandy and lots of it. Sweat that pesky cold into oblivion :biggrin:

5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Not to good myself at the mo. been off work since friday. doesnt look like ill be drinkinmg at pontins as im on pain killers . bu99er eh!!!

6. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Don't most people come back from Pontins with the folllowing symptoms?: red and tired eyes, headaches, sore throat and a tendancy to vomit - I always thought it was the drinking but it would appear to be due to the above people going there with some mild form of avarian flu;) .

7. Di

Di Active Member

OMG! :eek: Is there something wrong with the water there? :rolleyes:

8. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I'm sick that I am not going to Pontins! :cry:

9. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

I've started with my usual pre-contest tonsilitis/mouth ulcers bout........which is getting very tiresome now. EVERY blimmin contest I come down with some sort of lurgy that affects my mouth, throat or chest and stops my blowing properly.

That's it. Solution found. I'm going to take up percussion instead!!!

10. vonny

vonny Member

I know why that is chunks :rolleyes: hahahaa because you can't have a drink with the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Echinacea
    colds
    Health food shops
    taking Echinacea
    Try
  12. rutty

rutty Active Member

I've taken Monday off work in anticipation of me suffering from various debilitating ailments :cool:

13. vonny

vonny Member

I am really not looking forward to pontins ( hope wilky dosen't see this message) :) I'm actually doing well with rehearsals etc, but i am thinking that maybe i am not a cornet player afterall. I have been in a bit of a dilemma recently, and i have been getting a bit frustrated as well.. I'm still experiencing difficulty playing some rhymic passages, and i have practicised and practicsed. I have a great tone, and i am a goddess of hymn tune playing :biggrin: but if i get a part with loads of fast rhymic stuff i struggle. I am thinking seriously about changing instruments, you're probably thinking well if i struggle on cornet i will struggle on any instrunment. I thought that until Keely brought home a euph and i had a go at it, i was suprised that i could play it quite well and i didn't seem to struggle with rhymic stuff... So what should i do, continue on cornet or change to euph??

I know i have gone off topic thread a bit, but i would really appreciate some advice please!

Yvonne x

14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Thankfully the timetable gods were looking down on me when they decided that I should be given mondays off.
    If only they'd made next week 'independent study week' rather than this, then I'd have more chance of getting my work done. At the moment I'm sufferring from prepontins work avoidanceitis which can result in many going out for lunches, shopping and anything other than work if nto controlled!

15. Lisa

Lisa Member

I'm not so lucky with that...Monday is my busiest day! Such a tough life...Aah well! :frown:
    As for all of this talk about being ill....just stop it!! I really don't want to get ill but I always seem to get ill after reading about other people being ill on here! :mad:

16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Lucky you Caz!, i've got stick wagging, structure and form and arts admin and i'm gonna be spot on for everyone.....HA!

17. Steve

Steve Active Member

I have pulled something in my knee so will be spending most of the weekend leaning on things or sitting down.

ermm bar and bar I think

18. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I'm sure i'll be feeling ill as soon as I hit the bar on friday! Part of the weekend! Role on Pontinitus!?

19. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

hey babes you guessed :wink: but guessed incorrectly you know the real reason I'm sick that I can't be there :biggrin:

20. that makes 2 of us. gotta go to my grandads 65th

21. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:eek: .... and I thought this thread was going to be about 'who's gonna take a sickie to play at Pontins?' (... tsk! tsk!)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Echinacea
    colds
    Health food shops
    taking Echinacea
    Try