So...this Torres geezer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Jun 20, 2006.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

that plays for Spain...he's a bit tasty isn't he?!? That take down he did near the end of the Tunisia game last night was utterly brilliant!! Ok he missed the shot, but the control before the shot was exquisite!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Torres
    Tunisia
    Spain
    shot
    control
  3. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

On his way to Liverpool, perhaps!?????....... With him, Bellamy, Fowler, and Crouch they would then have real striking options!

4. 2nd man down

Is he?!?!? Is that true???? Boy he looked good!

5. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Its a vicious rumour at the moment- Evidently 'several' Premiership teams are interested in him, and hes interested in playing in England. Just hope he's a friend of Benitez... or Garcia/Alonso, etc!

6. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I understand United are also interested, along with Arsenal and Chelsea and a couple of Italian clubs.

Incidentally, how good is Phil Parkinson?

7. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Ouch!!!! ;)

Hes a quality manager, and no doubt will be linked with the England set up before the end of his career.
    He radically changed our club, making it professional in every way. He even chose our kit design and the music they walk onto the pitch with!
    He got Col U promoted to the Championship while working on a non-existant budget, all the players he brought in came on frees. We have the worst ground and attendances in the league- but he turned us into something special by letting us play FOOTBALL rather than lower league HOOFBALL!

All the fans are gutted about whats happened, and how hes been treated. He was refused permission to speak to Charlton, and that really upset him. The 'rumour' is that having sold Neil Danns for 850k he was told hes not having a penny of it to spend on re-inforcements. Our chairman is a little 'tight', to say the least.

As i said, we're gutted! He'll get a massive reception when he 'alledgedly' returns with Hull next season (although hes officially on 'gardening leave'). Parky's nickname was 'God', you'll see why! :clap:

8. 2nd man down

*Huddersfield Town supporters head on*
    I suppose it goes without saying really because of where they both finished in the division, but by far the two best footballing sides we entertained at the Galpharm last season were Southend and Colchester. I bet you are gutted cos he had you playing some very attractive football. I was very impressed by both clubs when I watched them, especially Colchester when you consider the small fan base and non existant budget.

Good luck next season.

*mods head back on*
    Topic! :rolleyes:

9. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Torres will be signing for AFC Wimbledon next year as apparently he's always wanted to live in the Merton area of London and says that the best food in the world can be found in Fat Boys cafe next to the Fans Stadium. He bases his style of play on Vinnie Jones and John Fashanu and so it has always been an ambition of his to play for his idols' club!

Time to wake up now methinks

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  10. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Torres is a legend on Football Manager. I picked him up on a free on Football Manager '05 which was a great game for getting players on frees, must have been a glitch. I had Nihat and Torres up front (both free!!) and won the league 3 seasons on the trot with Newcastle. Torres got 40+ goals/season.

Legend.

Pity he has one of those stupid "Nationwide League" haircuts which automatically makes him look like he should be rubbish.

11. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Torres has been linked with Man. Utd.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Torres
    Tunisia
    Spain
    shot
    control
  13. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

If he goes to United Ferie will have to watch out...if he upsets him he might wake up with a horses head on his pillow...like Rudd does every morning

14. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

On Pro Evolution Soccer 5 I have Torres on the bench to come on and score crucial last minute winners against Chelsea for my Master League team. Considering Rooney and Adriano start i consider this to be a good sub.

Yea the goal he got the other night aswell was a very tasty finish. Considering that Van Nistelroy will probablly be leaving united this summer they do need to buy another striker to go up alongside Rooney.
    I read in the paper today aswell that United were putting in a 14 million bid for Carrick from Totenham. With his passing and those two finishing who knows they may even overhaul Chealsea.

15. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

As good as it would be for us to pose a bigger threat to chelsea I can't see it happening they have too much strength in the middle of the park we heed another keane type player as well as another striker.

and what about saha he was in great form at the end of the season