So So tempted - Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Cornishgal, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Cornishgal

Cornishgal Member

Well been into my local music shop at lunchtime and spied the sexiest little xeno cornet ever, trouble is it comes with a nice price tag too (it is brand new)

The guys in the shop said if i put 10% down i can pay the rest over 9 months!!
    I would really like my own and a good one to play would be even better, currently i play a besson soveriegn, nice instrument but sometimes find it hard to pinch high notes with it etc (probably just my playing)

I feel as time goes on i am starting to improve alot, as i have been out of the band game for near enough 4 years.
    I'm really back into it now but my main corncern is it is alot of money!!!

What do you guys think :-?:)

2. leisa

leisa Active Member

Ohh I am going to be a b ad inffluence and say go for it!! Ive got a xeno and its beautiful, i love it, i might actually marry it

3. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Agreed! I love mine.

4. Cornishgal

Cornishgal Member

The naughty side of me is saying do it katie do it!!! however everyone in the office is saying what about the new car you want and that is soooooooo much money grrrrrrrrrr

5. leisa

leisa Active Member

a cornet is better than a car :-S

6. Cornishgal

Cornishgal Member

ooooooooooohhhhhhhh...........................ive got another year of driving out of my car so by that time it will be well and truly paid for, only thing is i have just paid all my cards etc off and i have to remortgage in may so its alot of money to spend on an insrument when i have one from the band which costs nothing!! oh i dont know!!!

7. leisa

leisa Active Member

*do it*

8. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Sounds like xenophobia to me

9. leisa

leisa Active Member

stevie, stevie, stevie

10. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Leisa, Leisa, Leisa - you know the rules on repeating yourself in this forum :wink:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    lunchtime
    nice instrument
    alot of money
    local music shop
    trouble
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

More like xenophilia ;)

13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

All sounds strange to me ... :cool:

14. leisa

leisa Active Member

Stevie, brasseck, peterbale

15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Leisa ..... wassup? :rolleyes:

16. leisa

leisa Active Member

ive clearly had too much wine and am coming to the conclusion that in the past 48 hours i seem to have corrupted most of the topics in the 'random' section of this forum!!

17. leisa

leisa Active Member

with help....*cough cough LAURA*

18. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

At the risk of stating the bl***** obvious (that's "blindingly", or "bleedin'", for those of you with sensitive dispositions ... ) ... :

1) have you actually tried to play it? Most decent music shops will allow you to take away a decent quality instrument for several days in order to "trial" the instrument; if your local retailer isn't prepared to do this, then don't give them your money.

2) Is it actually the best deal? Check out the internet etc. to find out what the best available deal is. Then go back to your local retailer, and be prepared to haggle. At the end of the day, it's a buyers market, and most retailers would be happier to get (let's say) 20% of something, rather than 40% of nothing ...

19. leisa

leisa Active Member

In my tipsy state none of these actually occured to me last night, but the mans right!

I got my xeno for £900 secondhand but had only been played once by someone from my boyfriends band. How much was the one you saw? If you look around a bit you might be able to find a cheaper one!

20. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- as long as the cheaper one is as good as the one tried originally ... even with Yamaha, there are instruments that are better than others (even for the same model).

21. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I'd do it....I did the same thing when I bought my xeno-couldnt really afford it, but who cares? I've got the best cornet going!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    lunchtime
    nice instrument
    alot of money
    local music shop
    trouble