So, should Glyn Williams sing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rapier, Dec 5, 2005.

?

Should Glyn Williams sing on CD's

Poll closed Dec 10, 2005.
  1. Yes, as it's his CD he can do what he likes.

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. No, He should stick to what he excels at.

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

A discussion at band about Virtuso! While we all agree the man is a musical God, we are split on the Singing front!
    I say that he just thinks he can sing (as do all Welshmen) and should never sing on a CD again. Spoilt the CD, in my not so humble opinion.

2. hahaha!! i saw him perform it live!! it was better than i expected but i must say as soon as he started to sing i choked on my pint!! its not his strong point is it?! (in the nicest possible way!)

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Sorry, but I don't! Kinda spoils your stereotyping eh? ;)

4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

What, you mean that you know you can sing? ;)

As an expat Welshman myself, I'm sure that's what you meant!

DaveR

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Now you're just being silly! I can just manage typing with one finger, certainly can't type in stereo!! :rolleyes:

And anyway, 1 Welshman thinks he can sing. 2 form a choir and 3 hold an Eistedfod. :p

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Wow - all the generalisations are getting blown away today! Firstly a Welshman who can't sing, and now a (ex-)cop with a sense of humour!

Anyway, back to your topic I voted "Yes, as it's his CD he can do what he likes."

7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I listen to his singing every Wednesday and Friday night :frown:

Of course it's quite good (just in case he's watching!)

8. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

Feels a bit mean on here today.

Many a worse singer has made much money out of it.

Anyone heard the Spice Girls live? (Didn't go - heard it on the telly!)

CD seems quite popular. Let the man sing.

9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I haven't heard the CD myself. However, I think that doing something different is always good, so I'm voting by instinct to say yes, let him sing! Takes guts to stand up and sing, especially if voice isn't his main instrument - I take my hat off to him :clap::clap:

In any case, it can't be any worse than some singing on another (nameless) brass band CD I own......:(

DaveR

10. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

heehee heard him do karaoke at pontins... legendary...

i say... do what he likes!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    front
    God
    Singing
    opinion
    man
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Whilst you wouldn't necessarily want to buy a whole cd of him singing - and I had heard the song before buyoing the cd at the Nationals! - he was right to include it if he felt it was part and parcel of the very versatility the recording aimed to demonstrate. I'm certainly happy enough to listen to that track when it comes up, and you can always skip it if you want to ;)

13. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Personally I can't see the point. If I want to listen to singing I would buy a CD by good singers. He may be an okay singer but I would put him in the good Karaoke category. Listened to his performance at the finals and when the singing started I could not see the point. Would have much prefered another performance of his excellent playing. But I agree with an earlier comment, if you want the CD just for his playing, you can always skip the singing track.

14. Steve

Steve Active Member

I havent heard it but he can do whatever he likes. As someone said there is a skip button if you dont want to hear it and the more variety on a CD the better. If some people like it then its worth having on there.