Snow

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by astreet83, Nov 30, 2010.

1. astreet83

astreet83 Member

How much snow has everyone had then?

10cm at Mansfield Notts

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    everyone
    Snow
    Mansfield Notts
    cm
  3. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Enough :/

4. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

well... So far, Portsmouth / Fareham / Gosport has got a milimeter if that! (that's normal for round here) lol

5. Di B

Di B Member

Only had an inch or two here - rather disappointed. Surprised you don't have more than 10cm over there Mr Street. I know Yorkshire has had a hefty amount and scotland.... well, from what I have heard is horrific.

Did contract a rather stupendous chest infection the night before Leiecester contest though, so the sooner the snow goes, the happier I will be (anything to stop sounding asthmatic!)

6. adrian90s

adrian90s Member

Did contract a rather stupendous chest infection the night before Leiecester contest though, so the sooner the snow goes, the happier I will be (anything to stop sounding asthmatic!)[/quote]

Did you get it examined? i'll do it!!!!

7. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Just a smattering last night, almost all melted now. Have seen photos from Edinburgh though - they've got much more than we had when it was properly once-in-30-years bad last winter. And in November!

8. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Band rehearsal cancelled tonight - damn!
    The snow is quite impressive here in the Walsall area, but apparently much worse near to the bandroom in Gresley.
    Looks like it's the football on tele, for me tonight!

9. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

About a foot or so where I am (since Friday night) - seen it worse, but that was in February.... :frown:

10. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I had 8" in my garden last winter. Most here since 1982! Bog all right now.

11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Only an inch or so, but getting very crunchy underfoot so it will probably be quite treacherous going to the station tomorrow morning. Also, precious little evidence of any gritting being one :(

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    everyone
    Snow
    Mansfield Notts
    cm
  13. bbg

bbg Member

Fairly bad here - about 8-10 inches on top of the car, have a pile of snow about 3 feet high by 6 feet across on my lawn where I've cleared the driveway / path 3 times.........only for more to fall almost immediately! Roads have been closed around Perth, and tomorrow will be the third "blanket closure" day for all schools in the region, much to my teacher wife's delight!

14. nethers

nethers Active Member

Not a flake here... but I am running out of suncream.

15. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Virtually nothing in Gloucestershire... But it's going to very icy in the morning!!!

16. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Same here, not a flake in sunny Singapore! Although I believe that there's about 10 inches of the stuff back home

17. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

And it's still piling down here (Edinburgh)... so much so I left the car at home and if the buses aren't on I'll be donning my hiking boots (with added snow spikes) and thermals and hiking home in the morning, cos there's no way I'm staying here!

18. astreet83

astreet83 Member

well over 14 inch now!!!

19. John_D

John_D Member

Around 18 inches in the garden.

20. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Still Snowing in Rochdale

21. astreet83

astreet83 Member

Still snowing in Mansfield

22. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Well our forecast is for snow all day and there has been none so far! Keep it up please, I want to go to band tonight and break out the Christmas cheese!