Snooker loopy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

As there's a firewall on all sport sites by our Draconian computer bods here at PRS, can someone update me on the latest from the Crucible between Barry Pinches and Stephen Hendry, please?

Ta.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Draconian
    Ta
    PRS
    Barry Pinches
    Stephen Hendry
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

S HENDRY 9-11 B PINCHES

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Go, go, Barry!

Cheers, Dyl!

5. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Absolutely, Barry is being inspired by his favourite footie team. If you dont know who that is check out the back of his waistcoat!

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Yes, Norwich City get a frequent mention in his games, though the colour scheme doesn't quite work on a wasitcoat for me! Good luck to him all the same. He was riding his luck a bit in the early part of yesterday's session by all accounts but the last few frames, his play was truly world class!

7. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Now 11-10 to Barry

8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

surely someone that looks quite so much like an evil gnome cannot be allowed to win!!

9. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

11-11

10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Who are you referring to, Hendry or Pinches?

11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Pinches... looks like he could make a living scaring small children and hording pots of gold...

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Draconian
    Ta
    PRS
    Barry Pinches
    Stephen Hendry
  13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Does this sound like Michael Jackson to anyone?

Hendry's already done the latter! No, you're right, Hendry's just the miserable gnome rather than evil one! ;-)

14. louise0502

louise0502 Member

yeah, when i saw they were playing each other i decided not to watch that game, cos they're just so boring to watch (i like Ronnie!)

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

It was a cracking match, and I've always thought Stephen Hendry was one of the best players to watch... him and Ronnie O'Sullivan both play good attacking snooker, and they don't like blobbing about with boring safety battles! It's people like Anthony Hamilton where it's a waste of time watching, just watch the break and come back half an hour later to see if they've cleared any balls yet...

16. louise0502

louise0502 Member

yeah i guess his style is pretty cool. maybe it's just the fact that he always looks miserable. mind you, i suppose there's actually a lack of smiles on all of their faces. i think they should look like they enjoy it more!