Sniffle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Jan 25, 2007.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I've got the lurgy. Gaah! I feel totally ****. Even the thought of a hot toddy doesn't raise my spirits. I want to sleep for a week but I can't breathe when I lie down. Or when I stand up. Or at all really. I wish I was a man then I could have the day off tomorrow with man-flu.
    Anyone else suffering or are you all disgustingly healthy.
    BMB
    xx

2. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Suffering. Don't ask..... not much sleep at Disney...

3. ooh i'm fine and dandy now, but trust me i've been snotty and a half recently!! (attractive or what?! ;) ) lol!! i know how you feel though, get well soon!!!!! :)

4. bigmamabadger

OK I won't ask. But... Disney? Are you a mouse?
    BMB
    xx

5. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Packed my ears but forgot to wear them. I had a slightly better resemblance to a block of ice.
    L
    xx

6. bigmamabadger

Yeah, the wet pink nose look is alright for dogs but not for badgers. Not to mention the pink eyes and the mouth-half-open look, giving one the aspect of an adenoidal half-witted albino rat.
    Yes I'm feeling very sorry for myself. :(
    BMB
    xx

7. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

And it's also a perfect excuse to eat chocolate...! Make you feel better! :tongue:
    xx

8. bigmamabadger

No, right now it makes me feel sick. I must be really ill! No chocolate! Oh dear... and it's Preston next weekend as well.
    Going to make my pink fluffy hot water bottle and go to bed now. Night night.
    BMB
    xx

9. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I don't do Ill...just ignore colds and they go away?! Always worked for me!! I must just be lucky

10. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Has Everyone been watching Jo Brand?
    Why is it I can never get away with man-flu aymore?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    man-flu
    hot toddy
    suffering
    day
    Sniffle
  12. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Yep, that sounds pretty much like how I've been feeling since 48h post-Butlins - haven't slept for 3 nights.

13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Sorry but Man Flu is a recognised condition that women can't get. Apparently it affects the brain cells, so women obviously suffer less. :D

And anyway BMB, you've just got a cold. I've got Chickenpox and at MY age that's no fun.

14. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Aww poor you! Chicken pox is supposed to be worse when you're old aswell isn't it? :tongue: I bet you look like you've got bad acne! I hope you aren't itching your spots, you'll make them worse! Get better soon!

Oh and BMB, just because you can't have man-flu doesn't mean you can't milk it for all its worth! Badger-Flu sounds a lot worse than any man-flu i've ever seen anyway! Get Better Quickly Mrs Badger!

15. Bungle

Bungle Member

I remember going to a band Christmas meal and took my daughter along. Unfortunately she had the first stages of chickenpox and was at her most contagious point where the spots hadn't come out. Our soprano player then went down with it over christmas and couldn't figure out why he was feeling so rough and itchy. That's kids for you, walking germ incubators!

16. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Been as rough as hell for the last week and its got worse and gone into the sinuses - the manflu accusations were bounded about but went to see the doc on Wednesday who confirmed it was real enough. Still a very poorly bunny tho, cant even pick the bass up let alone blow it. Good job we ducked out of Preston.

17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like bovine TB to me ;)

18. bigmamabadger

BADGERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BOVINE TB, OK? It's those mad cows. They infect us.
    I did take the day off work. The dizzy spells were a bit of a giveaway.
    BMB
    xx