Slow melody for Euphonium

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sionrhysjones, Jan 2, 2012.

1. sionrhysjones

sionrhysjones Member

Hey I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for a slow melody on the Euph ?

Asking because I want some new solo's for the collection and something new in general for 2012 :)

Last couple of slow melody's I used for Concert, Audition and Competitions have been 'Flower song' and 'The Holy Well'

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euphonium Hey
    Euph
    Flower
    The Holy Well'Thanks
    couple of slow melody
  3. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

Hi Sion

There's a number of slow melodies for cornet/euphonium on my web site, if you would care to take a look.

Barry

4. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Lament from Stabart Mater is nice, my dad was playing at the back end of last year in concert.

5. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

You could always play Benedictus by Karl Jenkins, but I think that your band would want to burn it before the end of the year ;)

6. simonium

simonium Member

Peace, O Divine Redeemer, Lento from the Horovitz, Jeanie, How Deep Is The Ocean are ones I like.

7. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

8. Midnight Euphonium- Goff Richards
    Movt. II- Horovitz Euphonium Concerto
    Lament from Stabat Mater- Karl Jenkins
    Benedictus- Karl Jenkins

All awesome to play :)

9. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Song For Ina - Philip Sparke
    My Love is Like a Red red rose (from the Derrick Kane album)

10. Martin

Martin Member

Sion

Go MMI Music http://www.mmi-music.co.uk/.

There are a number of good Euphonium Solos there.

Hope you find one that suits

Martin

11. sionrhysjones

sionrhysjones Member

Thanks for all the help everyone :) much appreciated!

Just to people who mentioned benedictus ,
    Do you know if there's a piano part for it ? I had a look for one a while a go but could not find one :/

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euphonium Hey
    Euph
    Flower
    The Holy Well'Thanks
    couple of slow melody
  13. I don't think there is to Benedictus :-? you could always arrange it off the brass band score if you had the time I suppose!

You mentioned 'The Holy Well' in your original post; who's that by? is it any good? I'm lacking in slow melodies myself see :tongue: been playing horovitz II for college auditions, concerts etc this past term.

14. sionrhysjones

sionrhysjones Member

dam :/ ahh well , ill have to do it one day :p

Holy Well is awesome ! its by peter graham, hey.. you didn't audition to the RWCMD, BCU and RNCM by any chance did you ? :p I'm going to the RWCMD in September :) (if i get 2 C's! )

And by some even smaller chance... are your in NYBBW this year ? heard there was a new 'Tom' in the euph section :)

15. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

I have a piano part somewhere. Not sure if it's a printed version or handwritten but I'll see if I can find it for you sion.

16. sionrhysjones

sionrhysjones Member

Thank you so much Kiz7 :D that would be amazing :)

17. Thats me! sent you a PM :) also Kiz7, if there is a piano copy of Benedictus on offer could I have one too? :redface: It would be much appreciated!

18. its_jon

its_jon Member

Here is a slow melody. Could knock you up a piano part/rest in the middle if its suitable.

19. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

There is a Benedictus, My pupil plays it with Smithills school band. I presume Chris Wormald has done it. Maybe try Obrasso, I think Chris publishes his stuff through them.

20. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Although it's not a recognised Bass Solo I often used to play "Broken Melody" by August Van Bien on EEb Bass at Slow Melody Contests.
    It was originally composed for 'cello and is a beautiful and varied tune which encompasses the full range from low G up to top B natural.
    I should think it would work well for euph.

- Mr Wilx

21. euphsrock

euphsrock Member

My vote would also be for Peace by Golland, beautiful piece of music.

22. sionrhysjones

sionrhysjones Member

Its_john : That's a lovely piece of music , really really like it! but not sure how it would sound on the Euph, such a beautiful story that goes with is as-well :)

Toby hobson : Ye there is a band part, I've got a copy somewhere, but its a piano accompaniment that's the problem with benedictus :/

Iancwilx : I shall have a look at that piece, sounds interesting :)

Euphsrock : Epic username :p and I'm borrowing peace from my girlfriend sometime this month to have a look at it, seems like a really awesome piece :)