Skytalk and Sky Broadband

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Maestro, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Anyone use any of these packages? Are they any good?
    The price seems good to me, but I know nothing about the actual services they provide.
    All help as usual greatly appreciated.

Kev

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sky Broadband
    Skytalk
    Kev
    actual services
    packages
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I would like to know too because I am thinking of swopping from Virgin

4. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I have swapped from virgin to sky broadband and skytalk and overall I have no problems with it. The only 'fault' I can find is when I first switch the computer on and click internet explorer it can be a bit slow loading up the inital home page. Once that's loaded though speeds etc. are fine.

I did have to call Tech support one night when the Broadband went off. The lady I spoke to was very efficient and talked me step by step through getting the system back up and running. She did the job very well but the she was in a foreign call centre and her accent was pretty strong. I managed fine as I work in a call centre and I'm used to different accents but some people may have found her hard to understand.

5. andyp

andyp Active Member

I've not long changed to Sky from Pipex (who should be avoided like the plague - if you leave them stop your direct debits or they'll carry on charging!), if you have Sky TV already I don't think you can do better value-wise, free Netgear wireless router and 40Gb for £5 a month ("mid" package).
    Like all new broadband allow 2-3 weeks for it to settle down, then it's fine.

6. brassed_off

brassed_off Member

I'm paying £21 a month for 6 mix channels, free evening and weekend talk and 2mb broadband. Free wireless router too. It is just me and this is absolutely fine. This is the first time I've had Sky and I've had no problems. For £25 I could have had the 4mb broadband, but the guy I spoke to advised the 2mb would be fine for just me and he's right. Highly recommended.

7. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

I'm on the top package that SKY offer, 16Mb broadband, although it only runs at 10Mb currently, and I have absolutely no problems at all. AOL severely reduced my download speed because of my usage (about 100Gb a month) but SKY have said that is not a problem. The router is solid with a decent strength signal from anywhere in the house and garden and our phone bills have reduced dramatically since switching from BT. I can't fault them at all:clap: