Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Maestro, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Many years ago, I had a cd of the group SKY, performing Mozart - herbie Flowers playing the rondo from the horn concerto was something else!.
    Somehow, I have not got that cd now. Just wondering if anyone has a copy they would like to sell me, or if anyone can point me in the general direction of where I might get one from.
    All searches so far, that I know of anyway, have been fruitless.

Yours ever appealingly

2. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Not quite sure why this is on the World Cup thread - but hey - anyway - you can buy the cassette on EBAY

CD's of this album are reported to be going for over £30 on E-Bay but I haven't managed to find any.

Good luck
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

It's not there any more! ;)
  4. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

And there was me trying to find some tenuous international football link to justify it.

Oh well........
  5. Texus

Texus Member

I've found CD's of SKY 1+2 + Mozart on Ebay quite cheaply - about £2 each!
    Keep looking + Good luck
  6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

My dad had a video of Sky with Herbie Flowers playing Tuba Smarties with a bubble machine in his bell :biggrin: . The drummer (Kevin Peek?) also played a trumpet half way through if I remember.
  7. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Haven't seen that one, just the fairy lights & Noddy suit version....

Tristan Fry - Peek plays guitar
  8. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

The drummer was indeed Tristan Fry.In the original line up both he and Kevin Peek were joined by Francis Monkman on keyboards and a certain Mr John Williams....and Herbie Flowers. I think.

Random Fact of the Day #35: Herbie Flowers played bass guitar on David Bowie's Space Oddity.
  9. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

He also wrote Grandad. :eek:

(If you have to ask, you 1) don't want to know, or 2) are too young to suffer.....)
  10. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Woohoo - Clive Dunn :biggrin:
  11. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Didn't know that one but he was also responsible for the unforgettable bass riff on the classic "Walk On The Wild Side" by Lou Reed. I'm sure he'd want to forget "Grandad" except it probably made him a nice wedge of dosh!!!
  12. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

.......... and keyboards on Grandad were played by Rick Wakeman!
  13. Thought as though this thread was off on a slight tangent, I'd better put my oar in as well. "Tuba Smarties" features on Sky 2, and again was played by Herbie Flowers (although how a mini can play a bass is beyond me!!) :p

Andy, living in a state of undressed confusion
  14. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Doh! :oops: yes of course. (Names and instruments sometimes get a bit Fuzzy :D ).
  15. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  16. Bungle

Bungle Member

I have been told he got double fee for playing "Walk On The Wild Side" after convincing them it needed Bass guitar and string Bass.

17. Nice smart move !!!! :clap: :clap:

18. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

*clink* (penny finally dropping!)

Herbie, the Love Bug, was a VW Beetle - and a very clever one at that ;)