Skelmanthorpe (Huddersfield) Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Owen, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Owen

Owen Member

Please see latest post for current vacancies.

We are a Championship section band based near Huddersfield, Barnsley and Wakefield, requiring a first class principal euphonium player to complete the team.

If you are interested, please contact:

Paul Oldfield 07973 321782

Graham Crossland 07790 615765
  2. Owen

Owen Member

Innovate Skelmanthorpe - Solo Euph

The Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band is looking for a top class euphonium player to complete the band line up. The band has an excellent concert and contest schedule planned through the winter and spring, including the Grand Shield in May and of course the Championship Section at the Yorkshire Regionals.

The band rehearses Mondays and Thursdays in our own bandroom in the village of Skelmanthorpe which is handily located for Hudderfield, Wakefield, Barnsley Dewsbury and Leeds. Players come from all locations and it may be possible to arrange lifts/car sharing. As well as playing at a high standard, the band enjoys an excellent social life too, being handily directly across the road from The Grove public house!

If you are interested, please contact Graham on 07790 615765 or Paul on 07973 321782.
  3. Innovate Skelmanthorpe (Huddersfield) Vacancies

The Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band (Championship Section, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire) require a solo euphonium player, trombone player and bass player. Future plans include the Pontins Championships in October and a CD recording. Contact John Hinckley on 07766233353 or email Paul Oldfield at
  4. Owen

Owen Member

For those of you who don't know the village of Skelmanthorpe, it is about 10 minutes from the M1, and is close by Wakefield, Barnsley and Huddersfield and in pretty easy reach of most of West Yorkshire thanks to the M1 and M62.

Anyone interested, either PM me or give me a call on 07800 121185.

All the best

5. Owen

Owen Member

Back Row Cornet & Percussion

To complete our team of players, Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band is looking for a back-row cornet player and a percussionist.

Rehearsals are Monday and Thursday 8 - 10 in our own purpose built bandroom in Skelmanthorpe village. We are close by Huddersfield, Wakefield and Barnsley and have players travelling from Leeds, Manchester, so it would be likely we could organise lifts / car sharing.

For more information, please contact Graham Crossland 07790 615765 or Christian Bentley on 07834 381994
  6. Owen

Owen Member

Solo Horn & Front Row Cornet - Yorks Championship Section

Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band is looking for a first class horn player and a front row cornet player for the forthcoming contest season.

The band rehearses in its' own purpose built bandroom in the centre of the village of Skelmanthorpe, 10 minutes away from M1 J39, close to Huddersfield, Wakefield and Barnsley. Rehearsal nights are Monday/Thursday, 8-10.

If you are interested please send me a message or contact our recruitment manager, Christian Bentley on 07834 381994.
  7. paddo

paddo Member

come on guys' and gals, I have just joined this cracking outfit, well worth a visit..... you will not be disapointed, that I can promise.

8. Owen

Owen Member

Top Class Cornet Player Required

Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band is looking for a first class cornet player for either front row or repiano and, for the right player, would be prepared to offer the principal seat.

Skelmanthorpe is located ten minutes from Wakefield, Huddersfield and Barnsley and the band rehearses in its own excellent facilities in the centre of the village. Rehearsals nights are Mondays and Thursdays.

If you are interested or want more information, contact Christian Bentley on 07834 381994.
  9. paddo

paddo Member

Come on guys and gals........

very good quality band here, great atmosphere and quality concerts/contests for the rest of the year.......

Excellent facilites too, come on give it a try, ou will not be disapointed I promise.....
  10. paddo

paddo Member

This position is still available, any one wishing to play in the senior cup, harmony music!!

If you are interested then please contact Christian on the number above, in stricktest confidence of course.

11. Owen

Owen Member

Principal Cornet

Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band is sorry to announce that we will be losing the services of our extremely talented principal cornet, Ralph Little when he and his family emigrate to Canada in the autumn.

As a result we are looking for a top cornet player to fill the end chair and to continue the good work to ensure our rapid return to the championship section.

We are located in the centre of Skelmanthorpe village, (about 10 - 15 minutes from Wakefield, Huddersfield and Barnsley) in our own rehearsal facilities. Practices are Monday and Thursday evening. We have a full and varied programme of events planned into next year.

If you are interested, please contact Christian Bentley in confidence on 07834 381994.
  12. Owen

Owen Member

Solo Cornet - Innovate Skelmanthorpe

Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band is looking to recruit a first class tutti solo cornet player to complete the band line up.

We have, otherwise, a full and committed team, under MD John Roberts which rehearses Mondays and Thursdays in our own facilities in the centre of Skelmanthorpe. The village is about 10 minutes from the M1 at J39 and is close to Wakefield, Huddersfield and Barnsley.

The band has a full and varied programme planned for 2007 including a number of contests, capitalising on our recent win at Wilkinsons, as well as concerts and a CD recording. We are hard working and intent on making an early return to the championship section.

For more information, contact Chris Bentley in confidence 07834 381994, or send a Private Message.
  13. Innovate Skelmanthorpe, Yorkshire, 1st Section, Cornet and 2nd Baritone

The 2007 Butlins 1st Section Champions and 2006 Wilkinsons Open Champions are looking for a tutti cornet and a 2nd baritone for the forthcoming area contest (and beyond).

Good things are happening at Skelmanthorpe......we are based near Huddersfield in West Yorkshire.

pm me or phone on my mobile 07973 321782 if you are interested in coming along.

Paul Oldfield
    Contest Secretary
    Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band
  14. Tutti cornet and 2nd baritone positions are still available. Next contest will be Senior Cup on Dances and Alleluias under John Roberts, plus some forthcoming high profile concerts and a CD recording in June.

Contact details above!

15. Owen

Owen Member

I promise not to bite any second baritone players who apply!

Owen - Solo Baritone, Innovate Skelmanthorpe
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  16. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member can count me out then!!!! ;)
  17. Innovate Skelmanthorpe (Huddersfield) - Players Required

The Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band are currently looking for a first class percussionist and a 2nd Baritone. Perhaps you are coming to study in Huddersfield this Autumn? We would love to hear from you, come and join a winning Team!

Email at or call Paul on 07973 321782 .

Check out our Website
  18. Owen

Owen Member

Bandroom is close by Huddersfield, Barnsley and Wakefield, around 15 minutes from each. Get in touch - a band that is definitely intent on winning a return to the top section.

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines, PB, Mod
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007
  19. Owen

Owen Member

The Skelmanthorpe Band (MD John Roberts) require a Principal Cornet to complete their line up ahead of an exciting contest season, including title defences at Wilkinsons and Butlins.

email or call 07973321782
  20. JR

JR Member

If anyone would prefer to contact me personally I'm on 0773 672 1939

John Roberts (JR)
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2007