Skelmanthorpe 'B' Band & Kirk from Coronation Street

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Masterblaster jnr, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Skelmanthorpe B Band
    with Special Guest Andrew Whyment (Kirk from Coronation Street)
    Saturday 7th June, 7:30 PM
    Huddersfield Town Hall
    [​IMG]

The Skelmanthorpe B Band will be performing alongside Coronation Street Star, and runner up of Soapstar Superstar, Andrew Whyment (Kirk) in a joint concert in Huddersfield Town Hall on the 7th June. The band will cover a wide range of music styles in their performance and will play music the audience will appreciate. At the end of the concert, the band will give a "Proms Finale" to the evening so get your flags ready.

Tickets: Range from £5-£10 and are available from the Huddersfield Town Hall box office. Call: 01484 223200, or from the band on: 01484 862998

We hope to see you there :p

2. Masterblaster jnr

There seems to be some confusion over phone numbers. We recieved a poster with the number in the post on it, but on the actual poster the number is different. At a guess, they both should be related to the Town Hall but not sure. All i know is that one of them is definitely right and the other possibly right.

3. Masterblaster jnr

I can confirm the phone number to ring is 01484 223200. It has not been updated on the poster used in the original post.

4. Masterblaster jnr

Concert Programme:

First Half:

Lights Out, Earl McCoy arr. Mark Bentham
    12th Street Rag, Euday Bowman arr. Jack Peberdy
    Tara's Theme, Max Steiner arr. Alan Catherall
    Star Wars, John Williams arr. Adrian Drover

Second Half:

The Standard of St George, Kenneth J Alford
    Tenor Horn Solo, Cappriccio Brilliante, Herman Bellstedt arr. Sandy Smith
    Soprano Cornet Solo, Nessun Dorma, Puccini arr. David Hirst
    Pirates of the Carribean, arr. Phillip Garlick

Prom Finale:

Men Of Harlech, arr. Gordon Langford
    Highland Cathedral, Michael Korb & Ulrich Roever arr. Andrew Duncan
    Londonderry Air, arr. Goff Richards
    Jerusalem, William Blake arr.C Hubert& H Parry
    Fantasia on British Sea Songs, Henry Wood arr. Denis Wright
    Pomp & Circumstance, Edward Elgar

5. Masterblaster jnr

It has now ;)

6. Masterblaster jnr

Tickets are still available for seats in all areas of the Town Hall, so please feel inclined to purchase tickets to make this a great day for everyone involved.

Forgot to add that tickets are available on the day at the Town Hall.
    Tickets are £5, £8 & £10.
    There is still time to ring:
    Call: 01484 223200, or from the band on: 01484 862998

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  7. Crofty Scott

Crofty Scott New Member

Good Night Out

By accident last week I saw this concert advertised on Facebook which I am glad about as I was free to attend. The audience wasn't fuull but the band which was bigger than an normal size band were quite excellent. Lots of youngsters including three very good soloists. I've seen two before at Delph Club with another band.

And as a Corrie fan there was Kirk who sang well and really had the audience going by the end of his second set with Mustang Sally. It was good to see the Band enjoying themselves during his sets as well. Sometimes you see the band sitting on stage bored and showing it when they are not playing. But not these young pros.

Good and funny compere so all in all and good night out.

8. Masterblaster jnr

Murray played well didn't he!!!!!!
    Danny Did Too!!!!!!!
    Did I???????? (Damn that top C, Damn that top C, Damn that top C, Damn that top C)
    and all the band for a matter of fact, whilst i've played i don't think i have done a concert with the B Band where we had played as well as we did then.

But Neil was brilliant, i don't think anyone would have enjoyed it as much if it wasn't for neil.

We believe 4br have reviewed it but we aren't sure.

9. Crofty Scott

Crofty Scott New Member

I think you played very well there was the odd slip but nothing that detracted from the performance from Joe Publics hearing. I have heard the lad on soprano play better before at Delph Band Club but it was fine and was clearly popular with the audience, it looked like some nerves kicked in. The solo cornet was good also and I think you are right Neil(Compere?) did make the night.

10. Masterblaster jnr

Sorry, forgot to put that Murray was the sop, i seemed to remember he didn't announce it. P.S i only posted the concert details on facebook on the day, quick decision eh. Good one though.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Andrew Whyment
    Skelmanthorpe 'B' Band & Kirk
    Coronation Street Skelmanthorpe B Band
    Coronation Street
    30 PMHuddersfield Town Hall
  12. Masterblaster jnr

anyone else on here who came to the concert. Opinions on it, suggestions?????

13. Col

Col Member

who is crofty scott cos yoy manage to come to every concert that the sop lad plays at, btw Thurlstone are playing again at Delph this week if crofty scott wants to come along

14. Masterblaster jnr

Colin, you missed the key phrase: "PLUG PLUG!"

see you sunday if not before

15. Robsop

Robsop New Member

I'd just like to say i really enjoy playing with the b band when I can and saturday's concert was no exception. I thought both band and soloists were excellent. It takes alot of guts to stand up and play a solo in a venue like the town hall. The programme had something for everyone and I had a great time playing the rep part. The B band did the organisation proud. Well done to all.