Six Nations 2008

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 2, 2008.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Wales eh.... :clap::clap:

Jeremy Guscott, that prat and most biased of commentators ever, said before the game that this would be a 20 point whitewash by England and he felt they would be supremely confident. He is an a**hole - proved.

Say no more.
  2. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Yes well done to our boys today they did us proud :clap:

You took the words right out my mouth! He completed 'bigged' up the English team and 'dissed' every move the Welsh made! How wrong was he!

I must say I had a bit of a forfeit riding on this game so am a very relieved Welsh las today :tongue:

Bring it on Scotland :biggrin:
  3. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Although in fairness, they had us right under the cosh in the first half, and we should have killed the game off by giving the ball to Hook and taking the 3 points in the last few minutes. I caught the last 20 minutes (the best bit!) on the radio on the way back from our last rehearsal for Preston; nearly crashed the car.

I'm looking forward to going into work on Monday.......:D

:eek: Dare we ask?
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I was just getting ready to move this into the sports section when I saw who'd started it ;)

Great work by Wales, both in keeping the defecit down in the first half - for which the commentators gave them little credit - and in capitalising on England's mistakes and lack of invention in the second.

Credit to Italy as well for putting Ireland under pressure.
  5. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Strange game...played by blokes with odd shaped balls.

Generally an excuse for the school bullies to have a scrap...(personal experience).

Sorry John....missing the skill factor for me......and what's this bathing together bit about? Public school "fun" huh?

Don't get the attraction meself....ok...tight shorts/big thighs for the ladies..but.....cauliflower ears and broken noses...rather play in a brass band.

(slightly TIC...'cos John's a dude)

6. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

So very, very chuffed with the result.....absolutely no good for my blood pressure though !
  7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Well Mr Guscott was half right. The first half, and then England threw it away in the second half. Stupid kicking away of possession and very poor decision making. Wales didn't win the game, England lost it. The worst thing about the whole game was Brian Moore, I wish they would retire that fool.
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Such a shame the games don't finish at half-time eh? :tongue:

C'mon Cymru!
  9. timbloke

timbloke Member

typical english mentality. start well, get cocky and think of the glorious headlines, relax thinking its in the bag, make a few mistakes, panic about the headlines, crumble.

doesn't matter which sport, it is a very english thing! dare i say well done Wales for capitalising on it.
  10. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Aye, Well done Wales. Throroughly deserved after their second half performance.

I might add that I was glad I had decided to skip the pub to watch the match.
    It was bad enough at the world cup.
  11. Di

Di Active Member

Pah, wuss! :tongue:

I ain't scared of 'im. Moved!!!

Hmm, I know, I know. Do no pass go, do not collect moderators bonus and shut the door on the way out please! :redface:
  12. Six Nations

What the hell?????
    Firstly Ireland struggle to beat Italy (who have as much chance of playing well away as I do), and then we go and lose to Wales for the first time in 25 years at home!!!!
    Come on Scotland!

13. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Moved maybe Di, but still not in the sport section.
    Definitely do not pass go etc etc :biggrin: :biggrin:
  14. Di

Di Active Member

There! Satisfied now? :tongue:

If only I could blame it on a hangover!! Feels like I have one even if I haven't. :frown:
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- you would think that he owned the site or something! :rolleyes:
  16. dyl

dyl Active Member

20 years.

Typically exaggerated by the English!

C'mon Cymru!
  17. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Thank you ma'am.

I remain your loyal and obedient servant,

Oops, isn't that what you should be saying to John Di? :tongue:
  18. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Aye, those Welsh aren't too bad for a county side....

Watched first half and beginning of second, left the house at 19 - 6. Got the bus to newcastle, walked into the pub 30 mins later and we're 26 - 19 down. What happened??!!

Pub happened to be O'Neills as well so was full of English haters from the provinces... nice pint of Guinness though, shame you couldn't move for all the shoulders with chips on!

19. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Its all my fault. It was my doing. I made England play badly.

I picked the game up just after half-time and England were 19-6 up and seemingly cruising then as soon as my backside hit the sofa they literally fell apart before my eyes.

Well done to Wales - but Rapier's comment about England losing it is right - summed up by the comedy of errors that cost us about 70m and a penalty mid-way through the second half. As an Englishman it was painful to watch.

Agree with the comments about Jerry Guscott though - but then he used to play for Bath which is a sure fire way to upset people around my neck of the woods!