Sitcoms... who gets your vote?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lynchie, Jan 11, 2004.

Which Sitcom Gets Your Vote?

1. Fawlty Towers

2. The Vicar of Dibley

3. Porridge

0 vote(s)
  4. Black Adder

5. Dads Army

6. One Foot in the Grave

0 vote(s)
  7. The Good Life

0 vote(s)
  8. Yes Minister

0 vote(s)
  9. Open All Hours

0 vote(s)
  10. Only Fools and Horses

11. TV? Witchcraft, the lot of it!

0 vote(s)
  1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Just watched the top 100 british sitcoms programme, and was wondering which of the top 10 you lot will be voting for?

Fawlty towers gets my vote personally, nothing ever beat it, and they quit while they were ahead... the sign of a true great!

The top 10 are

Fawlty Towers
    The Vicar of Dibley
    Black Adder
    Dads Army
    One Foot in the Grave
    The Good Life
    Yes Minister
    Open All Hours
    Only Fools and Horses
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

3. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

only fools and horses!
    got to be - Garry
  4. Don't know so many british sitcoms, but I must say Fawlty Towers aswell.... But some american sitcoms like Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond and The King of Queens are also great, but not as good as Fawlty Towers....
  5. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

If I had to choose from that list, I'd say black adder, but otherwise NONE OF THEM!!!

Everyone is Australia loves the good US stuff. Will and Grace, That 70's Show, Everybody Loves Raymond and so forth
  6. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Difficult to call. Dad's Army, Vicar of Dibley, Only Fools and Horses oe Porridege, can't decide, but I don't think the Good Life should be in the top 10.
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

come on, there must be some good aussie sitcoms!
  8. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

9. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

I was disappointed to see Red Dwarf not making it into the Top 10. And how did Vicar of Dibley and Yes Minister make it this high.

Anything with Ronnie Barker gets my vote though :)
  10. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Red Dwarf isn't funny though, and since it's "Sitcom", or "Situation Comedy", some kind of humour needs to be present.

Vicar of Dibley is class. Fawlty Towers a clear winner by a country mile in my eyes.
  11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I have to say i prefer red dwarf to the vicar of dibley... in fact i prefer quite a lot to the vicar of dibley, like the greatest religion-based sitcom ever Father Ted!
  12. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Agreed - funniest prog for me.

From teh top 10 shown, guess its gotta be fools & horses
  13. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Can't argue about the winner but surprised Steptoe and Rising damp weren't in the top ten.
  14. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Citizen Smith for me
  15. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

Blackadder, Open All Hours and Fawlty Towers would be my top 3 but not necessarily in that order.

Cheers, Greg.
  16. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Only Fools & Horses would be my winner.

Followed closely by BlackAdder, Fawlty Towers and Vicar of Dibley in that order.

I must say, out of that top 10, the only one I wasn't too keen on was Dad's Army. But, hey, I did watch and grimace so it must have something I suppose.

17. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

After Newlyweds and Mother and Son, Autralia gave up on sitcoms and started importing the Yank stuff, including the dodgey "Sitcom Star remakes himself in a similar role" crud. Australia sometimes does a good drama, and our soaps.....well, you guys have H&A and Neighbours.

I prefer some of the stupidity that comes out in US humour too, whereas Brit humour is too intellectual. YOu guys are just too smart for me!!! :wink:
  18. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Dad's Army and Porridge for me out of the top 10, but my personal favourite is Steptoe.
  19. ju33les

ju33les Member

Can't believe that everyone was in all night to watch the programme!
    Caught the end of it after night out and saw the top 10 through one eye!
    Was surprised at the top 10! Vicar of Dib??? To quote Peter Kay...wot's that all about???
    Blackadder, Fawlty and porridge get my vote!
    Btw...Porridge is the most realistic TV programme about life behind bars! :D
  20. ted

ted Member

That's not entirely true! Many Aussies prefer the UK comedies like

Big Train (love those staring competitions)
    Red Dwarf
    Father Ted
    The Office

Benny Hill is ALWAYS funny for young and old.