'Simon called Peter'

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by matt_BBb_bass, Apr 13, 2009.

1. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Hey

Just got back from a course with the Cornwall Youth Brass Band and we played a piece called Simon called Peter by Gilbert Vinter. Does anyone know where i can get a recording?! Really good piece!

Matt

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

3. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

It was also recorded on an old LP by the Ever Ready Band called Stars of the North. A copy might pop up occasionally on Ebay I suppose. Then again, if you have just come from a youth band course, you probably don't have a record player! So Mr Bale's recommendation of the Fairey CD is your best bet - as far as I know, the only bet, in fact.

4. bigE

bigE New Member

is that the piece which is based around the spiritual deep river...if so it was recorded by Lockwood band, Huddersfield in the mid 70s on an LP called Le Lion Dor - I have it on the computer and on CD - if thats the one get in touch and i will see what I can do

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I have that LP as well. Some recognisable names in the band at that time ... David French, Clive Barraclough etc.

6. bigE

bigE New Member

Yeah...good band at the time. Sadly some of the players are no longer with us, and of course the band itself is no longer around