Silverado theme (or anything else from it) Any good arr's?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by GurCriSt, Apr 29, 2003.

1. GurCriSt

GurCriSt New Member

My band is looking for a good arrangement from the Silverado movie score. Please let me know if you know of a good arrangement and where to get it. We're a champ section band in Norway so hi tech arrangements are prefered :)

[edit] Almost forgot.. we're looking for a nice arrangement of Hymn to the Fallen by John Williams. It's from Saving pvt Ryan.[/edit]

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Silverado
    Hymn
    Fallen
    Norway
    John Williams
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Re: Silverado theme (or anything else from it) Any good arr'

There is a fine arrangement by Sandy Smith, played by Kirkintilloch Band on their cd Summon the Heroes. I don't know who the publisher is, I'm afraid.

4. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

HI

Darrol Barry has arranged the main theme from Silverado and it will be available from Wright and Round later this year. It is not an easy piece but Darrol has arranged it so a good third section band should be able to play it.

5. GurCriSt

GurCriSt New Member

Thanx... I'll look into it.

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've checked the sleeve-notes for the cd, and it shows Hymn to the Fallen as being published by Sandstorm Music, but I don't believe they are functioning as such at present. You may find it is worth contacting Sandy Smith direct:

http://www.harrogate.co.uk/harrogate-band/indexlk4.htm

The internet link against his name is not very useful, but the phone number is there.

7. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Peter and all other IBEW users: the Harrogate Band's website is more easily accessed through our own domain name: www.harrogateband.org

Sorry to drift off topic...

D

8. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

There is also an arrangement available through Obrasso that is arranged by Klaus van der Woude.

Sam

9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

and a damn good arrangement it is too!!

fantastic Eb Bass part, good piece for rememberance sunday

10. GurCriSt

GurCriSt New Member

Thanks for all your replies. Its nice to have a place like this where one can ask for help and get lots of replies in just a couple of days :)

11. nickcornock

nickcornock Member

Gareth Green MD from Egham Brass has done an excellent arrangement of Silverado - if you want his contact details PM me

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Silverado
    Hymn
    Fallen
    Norway
    John Williams