Silver Sovereign Round-Stamp Tenor Horn for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ComposerAndy, Jun 11, 2006.

1. ComposerAndy

ComposerAndy Member

I need to sell my tenor horn and i wanted to see if anyone on here wanted it before I sold it to some randomton on Ebay.

I bought it for £1000 last year meaning to learn but I've not had time and I need to raise money for my MMus tuition fees.

As I got it second hand I don't know much about it but it was bought sometime in the 80s and used in a championship band before its owner died. The widow hadn't had it out since he died but I understand from a couple of RNCM students it plays very well. They are no longer in a position to buy it so I need to get rid somewhere else.

It's a Boosey and Hawkes Silver plated sovereign horn in excellent condition, save for a small scratch on the inside of the bell. I got it for £1000 but I'm willing to let it go for £900.

As I don't know much about horns in general please reply or drop me a PM if there's anything else anyone wants to know.

Forgot to mention that it comes with a Dennis Wick 3 mouthpiece and there is also a lyre that comes with it but a certain member of Black Dyke borrowed it for Whit Friday last year and hasn't given it back yet!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

3. ComposerAndy

ComposerAndy Member

Now sold, sorry to all the disappointed ones!

4. AlanD

AlanD Member

Find more discussions like this one
position
tuition
sale
Silver
tenor horn