Silly things you thought or said when you were little....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, Aug 18, 2006.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Ok following on from kelly's 'a day off in Looe' :tongue:

what daft things did you say or think when you were little?

I thought drink driving meant having a drink in your hand when you were driving.

I can't think of anything else.... although there are probably millions..... me being the ditzy thing that I am.....

2. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Hey! It was a genuine mistake to make!! :tongue:
  3. meandmycornet

I suppose it was.... seeing as you're cornish.... (I mean that in a nice way..... because a none cornish person wouldn't make the Looe connection!) hmmm and you were probably quite little aswell :tongue: ok I'll let you off Kelly :tongue:
  4. sugarandspice

I think it wasn't till i was about 10 or 12 that i realised the meaning of the concept! :confused:
  5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I always thought when they said on the news a "man was helping the police with their enquiries" that he was going round knocking on doors and taking witness statements etc...:rolleyes:
  6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

As a child I misheard "Chest of Drawers", and thought they were "Chester Drawers". As I lived near Chester at the time, I do remember asking what drawers were called if you didn't live near Chester...:oops:
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

When our daughter was small, she solemnly announced one day: "I've measured teddy and he weighs ninepence" ;)
  8. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

I thought Superdrug was a really bad shop and I got upset when my Mum went there. I also genuinely thought my clothes had shrunk in the wardrobe when I hadn't worn them for a while!
  9. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

When I was a pup, my teacher told us about drugs (something involving Ian Botham) can't quite remember the exact reason... I that he'd been taking JUGS, I didn't see anything wrong with that!
  10. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Coming from Norfolk, visiting the grandparents in Leicester was always something 'different'.
    One day in Leicester we were on a bus going down Narborough Road (some people may know it), a coloured gentleman got on the bus, and my sister who was about 5 at the time said in a very loud voice, "Look mummy, a snake charmer has just got on the bus".

Mum got us all off the bus about 4 stops earlier.

Another gem from my sister was when we had the ISB stay at sherinhgam in the 70s.
    Claire has been told that as we were having visitors for the weekend she had to make sure she was wearing knickers. At breakfast on the Sunday morning, my sister calmly walked into the kitchen in a room full of starangers, lifeted up her nightie and said, " Look mummy, I've got knickers today". I can still see Robert Redhead almost spitting out his cornflakes as he doubled up with laughter.

I must point out Claire was about 5 or 6 and not in her late teens :oops:
  11. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Flamingoes were of course birds on sticks.

A little sister classic ...she thought Calabrese was called cannabis, which would have been a totally different bit of greenery to have with your roast!
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I heard a kid once ask a rabbi where his dog was ...
  13. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Just after my father and mother died in 1998 my daughter Emily (then two and a half) asked the following.
    "Mummy - are Gran and Grandpa Angels?" - I replied of course they were - next question
    "Will I be an angel when I die? - I said yes of course darling. Her reply ....

"God's going to have to give me flying lessons then"
    - Made me cry - but in a good way. :)
  14. meandmycornet

hahaha I have a similar one to that.... mother and I were washing the pots and she looked out of the kitchen window and said 'oooh look at how much my camilia has grown' and I said 'Isn't that a STD?' :tongue: I wasn't little though :tongue:

I also remember having some sort of obsession with car parks when we I was little.... whenever we went anywhere I asked which car park we were going to park in, only I could NEVER say it.... it was always 'mummy which par cark are we going to carp in?' :tongue:
  15. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Well, there was "all women are called 'Mary'" (After all, there was my mum, Mary Bearman, Mary Wilson, Mary Smith and Holy Mary Mother of God.) "Mum, how old will Margaret be when she changes her name to Mary?" Cue very strange looks from Mater.

And when I asked my music teacher why the piano accompanying me on my first solo was a tone flat...

And how I thought my name was "Shut up and stop it" until I went to school...
  16. sugarandspice

Another teacher told me how a kid in her reception class opened his lunch box and said " oh no i have farty sandwhiches again"
    Nice name for egg sandwhiches dont you think?!
  17. meandmycornet

One of the kids in the year 2 (6/7 year olds) class I was in on placement last year asked me jokingly if I was Princess Fiona from Shrek..... and his friend replied very seriously 'she's not Princess Fiona because she doesn't have sticky-out ears' :tongue: no mention of the fact I'm not a green ogre... I just don't have sticky out ears!
  18. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Doing some gardening with my son who was 2 and 1/2 at the time, I was potting a marigold and asked Alex, "This plant has a special name, do you know what its called?" To which he replied "Erm, Barry?"
  19. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Driving through York, my sister (who would have been about 5 at the time) looked up and saw a no right turn sign. "Look Mammy," she said, "no boomerangs allowed"
  20. andyp

andyp Active Member

Or as my cousin's little girl (5 at the time) said loudly to my mother-in-law at Marton Mere "I don't believe it Auntie Mary - Pink mingo ducks!" :biggrin:
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2006