Silly Season

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Steve, May 27, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

Following the LFC thread I thought we should involve all tMp's football fans in a thread. Premiership and European season in over once more and the silly season of transfer speculation begins, so............... who do you want to see at your club next year (realistically if possible ;) ) be it players or managers.

As a LFC fan I am hoping for

Reina (VIL)
    Evra (MON)
    Milito (ZAR)
    Upson (BIR)
    Hargreaves (BYN)
    Vicente (VAL)

Rafa has done ok so I guess we should stik with him :) :clap: :) :clap: :)

2. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Difficult to say for us. More a case of making sure we hold onto players. Especially a certain Mr Ashton!

3. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

As a Spurs fan, the most important person to keep is Martin Jol. I don't envy him though trying to keep Kanoute, Keane, Mido and Defoe happy in rotation.

As a Cardiff fan, I suspect we will lose Gabbidon but with Dave Jones at the helm, I hope that he will sign Ugarte from Wrexham, keep Thorne and Jerome and lose Lee and Campbell.

4. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Have heard rumours that the mighty yellow machine are interested in Gabbidon. Also just read we are in for Thomas of Stoke who is available on a free.

5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

At Wimbledon we are hoping to keep hold of Shane Smeltz the New Zealand international who looked the business at the end of last season.

I would love to see Joe Sheerin stay with us as he has been ever present since the trials on Wimbledon common.

Also we need to keep Rob Ursell who has been a legend since he turned down a move to the MK Mongs, was seen ball juggling wilst wearing a sandwich board on the Paul Grady show, and was at the FA Cup final last week as a winner of one of the player of the rounds contest!

6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

In the next four days I want to see.....

A victory at Cardiff.
    In the longer term, I wish to see.....

Tony Cottee's consortium to buy out Brown.

Pardew to be sacked. (Even if they get promoted, I still do not rate him as a manager.)

Harry to come back as a coach only leaving General Manager duties to someone else.

What I expect to see....

"Goodbye, Repka, and thanks for all the red cards."

If we win on Monday... Pardew stays on and we come straight down.

If we lose on Monday.... Pardew stays because "He's done a good job".

West Ham winning the premiership again (Cole, Lampard, Johnson...)

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!

Will the Long Suffering Hammer

PS And Liverpool being given the right to defend their title, even if they have to go in from the first qualifying round to do it!

Will the Campaigner

7. btrommatt

btrommatt Member

Im a leicester fan and im expecting an influx of new players as we have already released 8 players!

Got a feeling if we get anyone they may be scottish especially with our latest manager Craig Levein coming from Hearts.

8. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

As a Glasgow Rangers fan, we've got Marv Andrews on the team, and therefore God on our side.

So who needs anyone else?? :confused::rolleyes:

(Apparently, God told Marv we'd win the SPL...:eek: )

(And the Department of Health are carrying out investigations in Motherwell, 'cos a MacDonald Double Whopper sickened thousands...

And, despite being a bluenose, I really do feel sorry for Celtic. League favourites until the last two minutes of the season - good luck in the cup!)