Silent Brass for Cornet going spare anybody?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by twigglet, Apr 10, 2003.

1. twigglet

twigglet Member

Going to Uni in September and to make me keep playing I think I should invest in a Silent Brass so I don't drive my flat mates mad!

I'll buy one but just thought I'd check here to see if anyone could make me a better, cheaper offer?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anybody
    mates
    anyone
    offer
    Silent Brass
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Ellin ... I believe Rach (aka Sparkly) was looking for one of these a little while ago - not sure how she got on. You might want to ask her ... :D

Be meeting you soon...

4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Hi Elin,

I didn't have much luck! If you find a good source make sure you let me know!!! :cry:

5. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

6. twigglet

twigglet Member

Thanks for the advice, looks like I'll just have to buy a full priced one....

:(

7. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

8. twigglet

twigglet Member

Thanks a lot nigel, I'll keep an eye on it and probably make a bid nearer the closing date

:D

9. sparkling_quavers

me too :twisted:

10. sparkling_quavers

it's going up quite alot!!! :shock:

11. gaylebussey

gaylebussey New Member

silent brass for cornet

hi Elin,

I've got silent brass for cornet that i want to sell. I was going to put it up on ebay but havnt got round to it yet.
    It's about 2 years old, I've used it no more than a handful of times, and its still in the box, works fine.
    Don't know if you'd be interested, you may already have one by now!

My email is gaylebussey@hotmail.com

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anybody
    mates
    anyone
    offer
    Silent Brass
  13. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

forgive me for asking but what is one? and what does it do :oops:

14. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

15. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

cheers mon.
    that clears that 1 up :lol: :lol:

16. twigglet

twigglet Member

I opted for a handmade practise mute in the end, I highly recommend it. It really kills the sound and it feels more 'real' when you play than with a silent brass. It has a plug in it which gives high resistance so when you practise you are also having to play fully thus improving your tone at the same time........magic!

17. :D I got myself a silent brass for cornet a few weeks ago, it was on sale at Yamaha for S$125 about 47GBP and I have to say it is the best thing I have bought in a long time, it means I can practice at anytime and make as many mistakes as I want without getting the oh my 'gosh' that was awful from my kids, I would recommend it to anyone who is limited for noise!!! :D

18. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

it isnt exactley "silent" at all though...
    you can still hear everything. just quieter...
    its like an electric straight mute :)

19. :? I agree with you Nadia, but as I said and I quote;

"I would recommend it to anyone who is 'limited' for noise!"

Anyone in an apartment or student accommodation would find it a bonus I'm sure, you have to get used to the earphones but I didn't find it a problem. If you have small children and get home from work with only enough time to put them to bed, you can still have your practice without waking them. I was actually practising in the kitchen last night whilst making the tea and the kids were watching tv in the lounge and they didn't even know, brilliant!!!

:p :wink: