Sid Waddell

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

RIP, Sid.

There is only one word to descrinbe him - great commentator!

2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I thought he rubbish to be honest and extremley off putting to watch, especially as I love playing and watching darts. Early years on the BBC he was OK and as soon as he went to sky he was a loud mouth who talked a load of rubbish half the time and gave me a headache. As a follower and player of darts, I like a bit of proper discussion but of course due to Sid, the game is just one big circus and has encouraged other likewise so called commentators talking rubbish. Of course I never wish anything bad on people especially when someone has died in terrible circumstances but I certainly won't miss his comentary, however his legacy will only encourage more of the same rubbish. I will never understand why people were found of his commentating great

3. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Possibly because he made what is essentially a very un-interesting spectator sport (unless you have had a few) sound really exciting?

4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I think darts was still very popular before Sid decided to blabber his mouth off

5. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

RIP Sid.

All hail his successor Mr John Gwynne. No wonder the halls are always packed, there's no TV commentary in there, btw, they were/are both **** commentators.