Sibileus Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by benjaminuk, Feb 22, 2009.

1. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

Hi People
    Having abit of a trouble with Sibielus 5. I have previously got a new laptop with windows vista operating system. Siblieus 5 won't go on vista. Has anybody got a solution to this.
  2. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Have a look HERE - there may be something to help you.
  3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

According to this page on the Sibelius website it should do. Similarly this page also states full compatibility.

Following the links on the second page would indicate that 5.1 / 5.2 may need an installation assistant which can be downloaded by registered users.
  4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Beaten by Mr Hackett :D
  5. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Yup. Windows XP.

I have to use Vista at work, (i'm an IT monkey myself) and it is the most appalling botch job I've ever known.

I feel sorry for folk who have to write software to work with it.

OK, there's now a patch available for sib 5, but it's not thier fault it didn't work in the first place. The mistakes in vista are just unforgiveable.

If builders built houses the way bill gates designs software, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilisation....
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  6. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Theres a few different solutions to this mate, drop me an email at and I can mail you what you need.
  7. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

I admit it, I am a Mac Bigot ....

But Scorch will not work all the time on the Mac. Sibelius has some work to do if you ask me. I have both Sibelius and Finale. I much prefer Sibelius, but all the problems with it has about driven me to Finale.
  8. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

?? Work OK on mine. Although, mine was an upgrade from 3 to 5 rather than a clean install of 5.

Have you turned UAC off in Vista, 'cos that seems to prevent you from doing just about anything.

We had a problem with Sibelius 4 on vista with the registration. There is a way around this which is on the sibelius website. Right click on the sibelius icon and run as administrator, it will then let you in to register it. Don't know whether this will help with sibelius 5 though!!
  10. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

does the sibelius 5.1 - 5.2 update patch sort this problem out? i got and email with a link on to download it when it was released, but im sure its on there site somewhere
  11. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

Thanks for the advice
  12. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I've just ordered Finale 2009. Hope it's worth the money. Mind you if my wife finds out how much it cost me, I should think it will pale into insignificance compered with the divorce costs.
  13. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Get a proper computer, then, not a fashion statement ;)
  14. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

eewww...mac....ewww....cumon they dont even have a right mouse button, give me a PC any day, you can fix them yourself, and you dont have to be some sort of boffin with a hyper enlarged brain just to be able to install something to them.

Back to subject though, apparently there is a Vista Compatability patch floating around somewhere on the t'interweb, if i find it i will post a link to the download
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  15. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

not taking sides here, but mac's do have a right click, you just need to activate it under system preferences
  16. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

how can they have a proper right click? the only have 1 mouse button, ctrl clicking doesnt cut it in my book :p haha byt to be fair macs are very good at what they are designed for, which is video and picture editing
  17. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

they may appear to have only one click but in face they do have two. check it out!!