Sibelius tips and questions

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by mikelyons, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. Andrew Norman

    Andrew Norman Active Member

    Messages:
    874
    Location:
    The Sunny Isle of Wight
    Try moving the parts to a different position in the score (up or down) I've had this problem when I've moved a Horn part in a quintet.. No idea why it happens but I've been able to sort it this way.
     
  2. mikelyons

    mikelyons Supporting Member

    Messages:
    10,095
    Location:
    Wigan
    A possible solution might be to copy the music into a new score - especially if the original was converted from an earlier version of sibelius - and see if the parts now print.

    Also, try extracting parts to see if the missing music appears in the extracted parts. Check that the printing hasn't been disabled in some way. Is it on a child's account? Our children are limited in what they can do on our network. Have the fonts been properly installed? (Although this problem doesn't usually occur on MACs.)

    Try changing (or check if some have been changed) the settings in the print dialogue to do with print substitutions. Look at the tick boxes to see what is selected.
     
  3. ploughboy

    ploughboy Active Member

    Messages:
    1,802
    Location:
    West Yorkshire
    Ok, I've tried both solutions offered guys - I haven't looked at the printing side as yet as they notes dont' appear on the screen, so i doubt its a print settings problem, I can print the score (which I can see!). When I use the drop down menu at the top to look at the separate parts I can only see the form and not the dots. . . . . any other idea's ??
     
  4. mikelyons

    mikelyons Supporting Member

    Messages:
    10,095
    Location:
    Wigan
    Maybe try one of the following:

    1. Use filter to select notes and rests and use [ctrl]c/[ctrl]v to copy into the new score. This should eliminate any hidden objects that might cause your notes not to print. Then also (just to be safe) set the note heads to type 0 from the properties drop down.

    2. Print off the score and then scan it in using photoscore and see what happens.

    3. Import a different house style from a score that you know prints safely and see if that makes a difference.

    If none of that works, then at the moment I can't think of anything else. Have you tried contacting Sibelius?
     
  5. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

    Messages:
    11,866
  6. Andrew Norman

    Andrew Norman Active Member

    Messages:
    874
    Location:
    The Sunny Isle of Wight
    Hi Gary
    I've returned the score - hopefully in Sib 5 - and it should be sorted now.
    PM me if it's still not right.
    Andy
     
  7. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

    Messages:
    11,866
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  8. MRSH

    MRSH Supporting Member

    Messages:
    1,549
    Location:
    North Lancing
  9. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

    Messages:
    11,866
    Funny how time flies ... :oops: I have to assume that the version is stable?
     
  10. mikelyons

    mikelyons Supporting Member

    Messages:
    10,095
    Location:
    Wigan
    Sib 6.1 is very stable for me - though my new laptop is very powerful and still a bit of a dark horse ;)
     
  11. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

    Messages:
    11,866
    I upgraded mine late last night. Hopefully, the magnetic slurs will be cleaner than before. Annoying thing about the previous versions is that they had a tendency to cut through note stems and beams.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice