Sibelius Printing - Help please!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Andy_Euph, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Hi everyone, i'm trying to print off a march however does any one know how i can print it off like normal march copy size, without reducing the size of the notes. I've tried a number of things but can't seem get it right

2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Try appending one part copies together (so, Rep is appended to Sop, Solo Horn to Flugel etc).

Reduce until the parts form about 2/3 of a side of A4, and print off. Cut as needed.
    For the parts where multiple copies are needed - save a copy as (say) "02 Solo Cornet b", and then append that to the other part. Repeat process above.

Failing that, I bet our publshing brethren on board will actually know how to do it!

3. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

The easiest and quickest way that I have found to do it is to invest in a program called FINEPRINT
    Go to their website and you can download a demo version.

It is very cheap for what it can do and will solve your problem with a click of a button. Have been using it for years and would thoroughly recommend it.

Good luck.

Cheers

4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

A simple way of doing this is to reduce the page margins. (A4 Paper Size)

Go into Layout - Document Set Up and set the page margins as follows:

6 - 8
    155​

Then reduce the Stave Size until all the Staves fit onto the page.

Producing march card parts is a time consuming process, as you are trying to cram lots of notes and staves into half the normal space. You can 'tweek' the music even more by altering the spaces between the staves.

View - Rulers - Staff Rulers

Also, on your parts-score you can select ALL of the Staves and reduce the notation. You can also select a pre-set parts stave size in

File - Extract Parts - Options

Hope that's been some help.

;)

5. Tug trombone

Tug trombone New Member

Go into document setup (Layout>Document Setup) and specify A5 as the paper size, and landscape as the format.
    Another option (also useful for producing mini scores, etc) is to have the Sib file in whatever paper size/format you want, and then adjust it on the printer using settings: ie just tell your printer (in Preferences) that you have A5, landscape, fit-to-page, and do it at the printing stage.

If you get really stuck, PM me and I can give you more advanced help.

Cheers

6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Hi Andy, I've done this quite a few times. PM me if you want detailed help. Unless you are doing it on a Mac, basically set the page size to A5, landscape, reduce the staff size (in document setup) so it looks OK and then print two copies on A4. If you get PDF995, you can combine 2 parts into a PDF page and print those.