Sibelius Help!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Lauradoll, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

How on earth do you delete pages of empty bars on Sib 4?

One of my students has a few extra bars on his composition and none of us (kids, myself or technician) can find a way to do it!

I've read the manual AND possibly clicked on everything possible.

2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

In Sib 3 you CTRL-Click one of the bars you want to delete, you should get a double blue line around that bar in all parts. If you then press the delete key, it goes.

To delete multiple bars, Shift-Click the extra bars to select them AFTER you've got the double blue line - the double blue line should then expand around the bars you've selected and again, pressing the delete key should get rid of them.

Does that make sense?
  3. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yeah loads. That was the fist thing I tried on Wednesday- doesn't work I'm afraid. It has us all baffled!!
  4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

:eek: Me too, in that case. Sorry! Where's Mike Lyons when you need him?

Try sending him a PM, he's a bit of a Sibelius guru.
  5. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

This has always been the way to delete unwanted bars in every version of Sibelius. The essential piece of information is to ensure the unwanted bar(s) are surrounded by a double-blue line.

If you have a system full of truly empty bars with *no* notes or attachments, these will hide if you select them (Select All is easiest) and choose Layout>Hide Empty Staves. If they don't, then it's likely there is something (presumably a non-obvious thing) attached to one of the bars.

Did the score start life in Sib4 or did you import it from somewhere else?
    Does it happen just on the one score or every score?
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

This sounds an odd one.

Suggestion: Set up a new score, [ctrl]click the music in the original score and copy/paste to a new score.

If you email me the file I'll have a look at it. It may be 'just one of those things' but [ctrl]click and goto last bar and [shift]click followed by delete key (not backspace) should work.

On my system, the double box is lilac in colour. A single selection is a blue box.
  7. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

YES!!! Result!! It worked today- thanks for all the suggestions and help. Must have been a blip on the system apparently!! Ha ha!
  8. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Also-a really easy way to do it-
    I know this sounds stupid, but if you press Cntrl B to ADD a bar, then **** and select the bar you want deleted, then delete them, it works too!
  9. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I think there was a blip on the network that day- absolutely nothing I tried worked at all. But it was all happiness and joy yesterday. Treat!!
  10. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I think that **** might have been [shift] ;-)
  11. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Do you know what?!

I think you may be right!