Sibelius 4

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by brass_master99, Jul 4, 2009.

1. brass_master99

brass_master99 New Member

What do you think of the composing software Sibelius 4? I think it's a bit too clever for it's own good, personally. What I really want to know is, I'm looking at getting Sibelius 5. How much better actually is it?
  2. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

3. brass_master99

brass_master99 New Member

I din't know that, thanks.

Matt (brass_master99)
  4. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Sibelius is actually great software. Try downloading their new trial edition
  5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

6. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Depending on what you want to do, Sib4 is still a very useful application despite being a bit long in the tooth. Also, Sib5 and probably 6 are quite power-hungry, so Sib4 is a good alternative if your computer is a bit older or lacking in speed.

I use Sib4 on my little 10" netbook and Sib5 on the desktop at home.
  7. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I can reccommend sib 6 if you have a decent spec machine for the sound sets. Otherwise, if you just want to use midi sounds sib 4 is still the best. Sib 5 is a lame duck.
  8. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I read a chunk of it and it appears that not many of them have actually tried Sib6. Before I part with my hard earned cash, I have seen that the magnetic layout, even if it is an innovative concept, is not perfect. On some of my busy scores, the occasional expression mark and hairpin have been badly displaced although the parts remain okay.