Sibelius 4

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jonford, Aug 3, 2005.

1. jonford

jonford Member

Has anyone yet bought or upgraded to Sibelius 4? I have a fully legal version of Sibelius 3 and having had leaflets through the door have downloaded the demo version 4. It seems fairly good, the dynamic parts is a much easier way of accessing parts and I can see how the worksheets function would be useful for teachers but is it really worth the upgrade?
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

The upgrade from 2 to 3 certainly was once I'd gotten used to the changes.

I'm in two minds at the moment - But I do feel that as Sib3 seems to have become the industry standard, 4 will be before long.
  3. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Yes yes yes - got my upgrade a couple of weeks ago. Very impressed.

It is worth every penny - even if just for the dynamic parts.

is what's new in Sibelius 4. Have a look (if you haven't already) - it is good.

4. davidsait

davidsait Member

I've got the educational version of Sibelius 3, so to upgrade to version 4 will be £125 (that includes P&P & VAT).

Dynamic Parts (TM) certainly looks very shiny, but I'm just not sure it's worth me paying for.
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I too have downloaded Sib 4 and it sure does have some very handy features... Love the idea of editing scores and the extracted parts being done in conjunction of doing this.... it's about time.....
    Dont like the fact they keep changing some of the keyboard shortcuts... stop is now space bar instead of O.... etc.

I'm not upgrading yet!
  6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Aint tried sibelius 4 but to be honest I think sibleius 2 is the best one to use and I find it more user friendly than Sib 3.
  7. katharine

katharine Member

I agree. I've been using Sib 2 for a long while, and wasn't really tempted by 3 but I am now thinking of getting Sib 4 (thanks to my birthday).

Copy & Pasting into Word looks handy for essays, I've been fiddling around with graphics files in the past. Those Dynamic Parts do look really good; not sure I will need the video thing, but I guess it could be fun.

Is this the cheapest place to buy it (I'll be getting the student deal)?

Every penny counts!
  8. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I'm still thinking whether I like 4 or not. I have been finding a few problems with converting 3 files to 4 with dynamic parts. e.g. all parts ending up with "Full Score" in the top left corner instead of the correct name.

I'm beginning to wonder if it was worth the extra money. We'll see over the next few months just how handy this feature is.
  9. davidsait

davidsait Member