Sibelius 4 Help Please!

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Hells Bones, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Not sure where to put this so Mods feel free to move :biggrin:

I am having trouble with Sibelius 4. I can't figure out how to set the layout so you basically have two portrait A4 sheets on one landscape A3 sheet.

Any help?

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

What's your goal? Booklet-style scores & parts?
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I do this all the time. Make sure to set sibelius' page size to A4.

1. (best option) use your printer's options to print two pages to a sheet on A3. My HP printers always have a good set of options for this.

2. Use the 'spreads' option in sibelius' print dialogue. This will print two pages side by side, but it is more limited than printer options usually are.

What printer are you using? There may be info on the printer manufacturer's website. There aren't that many A3 printers about.

Are you printing booklet format as well? (parts longer than 2 pages) If you can't hack the printer's facilities, sibelius allows boklet printing, but you'll have to print outward or inward pages first then turn the page over to print the other adn it gets quite complicated.

For A3 size paper I use a HP Deskjet 1220c this is a fantastic printer with a good set of drivers that give you lots of flexibility for duplex and spreads.
  4. Hells Bones

Scores aren't a problem, I use folders for those.

I have parts that are two A4 pages long and I'd prefer to have them on one A3 sheet to fold in half. Does that make sense?
  5. Hells Bones

Mr Lyons you are a life saver!

HB is one happy bunny! :clap:
    :tup :tup :)
  6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

No charge ;)