Shumacher or Alonso?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Brassy Lady, Oct 4, 2006.

?

Shumacher or Alonso to win F1 Championship?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2006.
  1. Schumacher

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Alonso

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. Brassy Lady

Brassy Lady Member

Who do you want to win the F1 driver's championship?
    Personally I think it would only be right and proper for Schumi to go out as World Champion rather than runner-up.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    driver
    F1
    runner-up
    Shumacher
    Alonso
  3. NeilW

NeilW Member

Anybody other than the shoe maker who has a history of "bending the rules" when it suits him.

I'm glad he won't talk to ITV!

4. markyboy

markyboy Member

I cant take away Scumacher's ability or achievements , but I still cant forgive him for running Damon Hill off the track in 1994 ( ? ) to enable himself to win the World Title.

Great racing driver yes , but true sportsman ? Hmmmmm.......

5. MickM

MickM Member

Has to be Alonso for me, and Renault for the Constructors title.

I've never forgiven Mr. Chewbacca either for the Damon Hill incident. BUT! what a racing driver, it's just a shame he's such a A#%+@#LE! (IMO)

Will someone please give Button a kick up the backside for next year :rolleyes:

6. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Fingers crossed for Alonso. Interesting to see what tricks the red baron will play this time to get his hands on the title...

D

7. Trog's

Trog's Member

Hey???? He not doing so bad! at least He's won a race this year, and his recent drives have blown Barrichello in to the weeds!!!!

I would like Alonso to win, but unfortunatly I think Schumacher will.

8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Alonso!! Just for once lord, don't let the cheats win the biggie! (remember the World Cup)

9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Alonso. Whatever you might think of his dodgy rule interpretations, Schuey has been a great driver, but his retirement shouldn't mean he should be owed (or even deserves) another championship. Over the course of the year Alonso has driven more consistently and Renault have had to put up with more set-backs so IMO Alonso is the more deserving of the two.

Who will actually win it? I really don't know! It could come down to the smallest thing - a back marker getting in the way, a bad pit stop etc etc. It will definately come down to the last race of the season now, and isn't that great?!

10. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

I would like to see Alonso and Renault win, But in the second half of this season a series events have 'coincidentally' favoured Ferrari. Renault lost their Mass Damper when it was ruled as illegal (Ferrari didn't use one)- that affected them for 3 races handing the advantage to Schu. Alonso was penalised unfairly for holding Massa up in quali at Monza (Ferrari's home race) and was forced to hammer his car in a bid to catch up -which eventually blew the engine up!
    Much as I would like to see Alonso stop Schu and his swansong I can't see it happening!

11. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

The Schu for me!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    driver
    F1
    runner-up
    Shumacher
    Alonso
  13. persins

persins Member

I think Alonso will win it now but Brazil will be an interesting one. With Schumacher pushing hard the whole way, what's the betting that he might be involved with a slightly controvertial incident which somehow forces Alonso to retire? That would finish his career in the style in which he has consistently competed!!

14. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

Would be a bit 'unfortunate' if anybody took alonso off!

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Wonder if Massa might accidentally bump into Alonso at some point...??

16. Brassy Lady

Brassy Lady Member

Latest Ferrari Tactics

Was getting a bit worried about Schu's chances until I saw this latest tactic, it might just work...

The Ferrari Formula 1 Team fired their entire pit crew yesterday in a last ditch attempt for Michael Schumaker to win the F1 World Championship.
    The announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the UK Government's Youth Opportunity scheme and employ people from Newcastle.
    The decision to hire them was brought on by a recent documentary on how unemployed youths from the Newcastle area were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew can only do it in 8 seconds with millions of euros worth of high tech equipment.
    Tony Blair went on record as saying this was a bold move by the Ferrari management, which demonstrated the international recognition of the UK under New Labour. As most races are won and lost in the pits, Ferrari now have an advantage over every team.
    However, Ferrari may have got more than they bargained for....At the crew's first practice session, the Geordie pit crew successfully changed the tyres in under 6 seconds, and then within 12 seconds they had re-sprayed, re-badged, and sold the vehicle to the McLaren team for 8 bottles of Stella, a kilo of speed and some photos of Coulthard's bird in the shower.

17. MickM

MickM Member

LMAO! :clap: Excellent!

18. Brassy Lady

Brassy Lady Member

Well I'm gutted Schuey didn't win today; the end of an era. :( Things in F1 just won't be the same.

Have to say, well done Jensen, let's hope things come right for him next year :tup

19. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

In a way I was a shame he didn't win today, but he had a storming drive all the same - even if most of the drivers seemed to be jumping out of his way as soon as they saw him in their mirrors. Good drive from Jenson as well.

F1 will be different next year for sure, but not neccesarily any better or worse off without Schumacher - just different. Just like it was after the Senna - Prost - Mansell, Hunt - Lauda etc etc eras. The sport is bigger than any one driver no matter who that might be.

I'm hoping for a three-way battle between Alonso, Raikkonen and Button with Lewis Hamilton playing a supporting role.

Oh, and class comment by Raikkonen to Martin Brundle on the grid before the race. LMAO :lol:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  20. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Even more so when you consider that Raikkonen was explaining why he wasn't attending a presentation for the driver he's replacing next year. MB was almost at a loss for words - classic ! :)