Should I enjoy it?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stevetrom, Oct 15, 2009.

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Should I enjoy the feeling I get when I starve that silly tittle thing (the brain) when I concentrate on the important things (like playing properly loud on bass trom) ?
  2. OOOOOOOH yeah!!!!!!
  3. xRinat

xRinat Member

I am so sorry I didn't get the question.
  4. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

I've always believed that the dizzy feeling comes because the excess ventilation has removed the natural alcohols from the bloodstream, so medically as long as you have a few pints after you'll be fine.
  5. skweeky

skweeky Member

I can guarantee you are enjoying it far more than the gadjers sat in front of you lol
  6. Blow Hard

Blow Hard New Member

Yes! What? Yes, starve your brain. Oh, enjoy it too.
  7. It's a bass trombone thing. You wouldn't understand.
  8. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Lie back....
  9. Jack

Jack Member

i get it all the time on sop :) makes it hard 2 stand up if its the last piece of the concert... i often look a little daze...

and just warning u i did it sooo much durin a show once on trumpet that i physically couldnt play without being drugged up for 2 days coz my head hurt so much and i had a headache for 2 days
  10. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

Surely amongst the important things, playing well comes before playing loudly... the two are often very different things ;)
  11. westoe_horn

westoe_horn Member

I think you're mistaken my friend.... ;)
  12. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

13. westoe_horn

westoe_horn Member

Calm down..... ;)
    I think the whole thread is a little tongue in cheek......
  14. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Andy "Belfast Barman" Stephenson and I used to have a phrase regarding the endings of certain pieces (amongst which are Suite Gothique, Checkmate, Graduation day, Pagannini, St Magnus, you get the picture...) and the necessary effort required from BBb Basses.

"If you can play that without going dizzy, you ain't playing it right...."
  15. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

You're never going to play loud enough with your tongue stuck in your cheek!
  16. Kjata

Kjata Member

I LOVE it when I do that on sop, better than the hardie drugs!! ;)