Shostakovich's Second Waltz from Suite No.2

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Hornted, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Hornted

Hornted Member

Shostakovich's Second Waltz from Suite No.2

Help please is anyone aware if the above has been arranged for Brass Band.

2. PlayerPete

PlayerPete Member

There are two arrangements that I know of. Our band has an arrangement by N Hall, but I've also played a different one.
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Klass van der Woude has done an arrangement available here at Just Music.
  4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

His naam is "Klaas" ;)
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

A wee spilling mistake! :rolleyes: (... and his arrangements are well thought-out as well as his conducting skills!)
  6. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

My arrangement is available from our website (Under Classical Arrangements/Transcriptions in the catalogue section)
  7. Tub Thumper

Tub Thumper Member

Alan Fernie has arranged it and it's published by Obrasso. We have played it quite a bit - quite straight forward and very effective. Goes down very well with at concerts, particularly with those who are fans of Classic FM!
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  8. Tub Thumper

Tub Thumper Member

Should add that it's listed as 'The Second Waltz' in the catalogue!
  9. timbloke

timbloke Member

The one i played a couple of years back had taken the solo off the trombone part (as in te orchestral version) and put it elswhere in the band. I have very fond memories of one of my first solo bits in Youth Orchestra of playing a bit of a solo in the jazz suite, and I'm pretty sure it was in the second waltz.

I also remember spending the opening 15mins of Eyes Wide Shut trying to work out why I knew the soundtrack, and then annoying the whole cinema by cheering with releif when I'd worked it out! :clap:
  10. Despot

Despot Member