Shock big-name departures at Grimethorpe

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by British Bandsman on TMP, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Remember the joke about the council road men!

Digging a deeper hole......................one year on................ Happy birthday to you, sing you citizens of the Kingdom of Fife.

Tooteroomanny!

2. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

...lower yourself to their level? Whatever the rights or wrongs of the matter might be, it does Grimethorpe no favours at all when members, present and past, behave in such a manner on this forum. Like it or not, it does rather tend to lend credence to the speculation about the behaviour within the band (by which I include the band management).

3. smaca

smaca Active Member

Too cryptic for me that one-------but I am sure those "who know" will understand.

4. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

LADIES PLEASE!!

so much about men not beeatching with each other.

Any news on the Principal seat Humph?

5. Humphrey

Humphrey Member

Really!? If I've had to lower myself, what does it say about the behaviour within other bands?

I've read the posts of David James (JamesResurgam) very closely. Isn't it amazing that he still feels so passionate about Grimethorpe so many years down the line. Grimethorpe is a band that creates loyalty in most of it's players (although clearly not all). It has been said that I inflame the situation because I take a contrary view to the speculators. Speculation is what they do and that's fine but don't get upset when somebody who is privy to most of the facts throws a spanner into their speculative musings.
    Attack me and I'll choose whether to defend myself (bitchy or not). Attack my band and I'll almost certainly choose to fight back and enjoy doing it. Why? Because like my colleagues I remain loyal to the band and passionate enough to ensure that the band won't fold because a couple of key players have gone. Passionate enough to try to keep Grimey at the top of banding where they belong.

I take your point Wherryman but I will make no apologies for my participation in this thread.

themusicalrentboy. Can't say too much about the PC position yet. Speculation and all that though I have heard a rumour that a very famous New York based professional trumpet/cornet player has been offered an unfeasibly huge wedge of cash and is interested ;-)

6. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

and heres me thinking Louis Armstrong was dead ;)

7. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

lum?
    Whatsa lum? :-?

8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

A chimney. And the saying goes "Lang may yer lum reek". It translates as "Long may smoke pour from your chimney". Not quite sure about the derivation but I would speculate that it means long may you prosper as it would take coal to create the smoke and you would need money to buy the coal.

9. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Blimey, never knew that. Heard the phrase before but never had a clue what it meant.

Cheers John. Every day's a schoolday!

Anyway, on topic. So, Louis Armstrong then.....

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  10. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Thank you John, exactly what I meant, much appreciated.

Smaca,
    Take a good look at my face................. am I bovvered.
    Face...........bovvered..................face.................bovvered!
    Now go forth and ..................................!

What is music without passion………………. but mathematics…………….. a science and not an art. When I wake up in the morning and breathe, I feel passion that I can live another day; am I not extremely lucky! Music is my passion, brass bands are a part of that, and the door through which I entered to discover it. It has sustained and nourished me, and allowed me never to have grown up, am I not privileged.
    There are four works which have had a profound influence on me and will be used at my funeral, Mahler’s Resurrection Symphony; ‘A Man’s a Man For a’ That’: Burns, Do not go gentle into that good night - Dylan Thomas, and Eric Balls Resurgam.
    I’m coming back, second time to apologise!

To the moderators, I crave your indulgence to allow an old fart to digress a little, Thanks.

DJ

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
  11. smaca

smaca Active Member

Eh? What have I supposed to have said/done now?:eek:---------you really seem to have an issue with me. Not agreeing with a post fine, but all this "go forth" rubbish does you no favours.Wish you would contribute to the post, and stop having swipes at people you don't like-----------you would not have me and others in your band as we are not good enough(as you keep mentioning), but it works both ways, many a top player would not take instrument out case if they seen you at the helm.........works both ways, but saying this has no relevence or point on this thread.

Please stick to topic.

12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

OK folks - enough of the mud-slinging.

13. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

HAHAHA it amazes me how many humourless people ya can get on 1 website. CHILL OUT *** !!!

14. smaca

smaca Active Member

Totally agree--------really wish some people would develop their sense of humour------or am I missing it all?;)

15. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

yes!!

16. S Carey

S Carey New Member

I wondered when drummers would make an appearance......

17. smaca

smaca Active Member

Ok then--------ha ha, what a funny lot.

18. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

All of it?

19. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

No, just the choral section.

Though it might be a good test to see how many real friends are there and prepared to put up with a "numb bum" for my sake. There again some might stay to see me cremated!

DJ

20. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

You won't know ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.