Shock big-name departures at Grimethorpe

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by British Bandsman on TMP, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Apart from the new MD. latest news is dated July 2008 so you won't find much there I'm afraid - perhaps that's why people will come to sites like this and 4BR to find out what's happening!

2. Moy

Moy Active Member

Wrong - the band have been quick in removing departing bandmembers so watch that space.
    Go to " Band" easy peasy.

3. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Youve heard the man:tup

4. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Moy, I'm sorry but if the posts from current members in this thread are correct then you are wrong - the site doesn't reflect the current membership.

5. ricardo

ricardo New Member

Sorry to bring this to everyones attention, but it would seem that people are just reading far too much into the goings on at grimey.

It appears that everyone that is 'concerned', need to get a sense of perspective and realise there are much more important things in life than the rumours that are flying around about grimey.

6. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

The Messiah has arrived with news of great importance.

Welease Wicardo!

7. STUART HAIGH

STUART HAIGH Member

Well said ! this thread has already had 68,860 views and there are far more important things to think about.

8. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

What's this - a change of heart so soon? First you want rumours addressed, then you don't :confused: That's no way to improve your credibility rating :rolleyes: (assuming both ricardos are one and the same poster, of course ;) )

9. smaca

smaca Active Member

Yes, there are more important things in life(I think for everyone that is obvious), but this site is a forum to discuss brass band topics, and this thread about Grimethorpe is big news, and amount of posts and views on this thread suggest it is of interest to many.

I think there are other sites and forums to discuss lifes more serious issues like the recession, world conflict etc, so not really sure the relevence of your post. This site is specific to brass players/enthusiasts, and this thread is about Grimethorpe recent happenings.

10. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

I agree this site is to discuss brass band topics, hopefully in an enlightened manner. Speculation is not debating, and ill serves our great movement.

I am well aware of your use of the enormous wooden spoon you have from Kingdom Brass forum, and I'm beginning to change my opinion of you. Maybe I should give you a lesson on triple tongueing, then you would have less time to stir.

Tooteroomanny - DJ - Dafydd ap Iago

11. smaca

smaca Active Member

Devastated , that your opinion of me is changing, probably not sleep tonight now;).

With regards to spoon, no stirring intended, just not sure why someone would highlight there are more serious things happening in the world as I do not see the relevence.I just so happen to find topic interesting, as do 68,000 others.

Not sure why you keep going down personal insult root(10th trombone, you wouldn't get in my band etc etc)when you don't agree with an opinion. Your reference to my triple tounging is very childish and not worthy of a serious response.Yes, I did not play triple tounging passasge at a Regionals last year, and yes man playing 3rd down(ex-principal of CWS Glasgow)was fantastic at triple tounging and played that particular section.....So what?The team efffort worked on the day.Highlighting this is immature, though not surprising. I would not expect that of any of the current or in fact historic conductors of bands like Grimethorpe to make such comments.I suppose though, their conduct as been impecable during their careers.;)

Always remember, you can't kid a kidder.

12. Humphrey

Humphrey Member

I apologise if I didn't make myself absolutely clear. I'm not frustrated at all. It amuses me considerably when speculation reaches the level of fantasy. These posters always know somebody in the band who has given them the full story. It gives the guys something to smile about on the coach at least.

My real point is this: It is generally accepted on this thread that the "Grimey 2" were dismissed by the Trustees. It is also, I think, generally accepted that the players are a separate entity and therefore, if we follow this reasoning to it's logical conclusion, the Grimey 2 were not sacked by the band.
    There have been posters on this thread who have questioned the "backbone" of those players whose real loyalty to Grimethorpe Band was never in question and that is not a wind up, it's purely offensive.

13. Humphrey

Humphrey Member

I couldn't offer you an audition Zak. We have 2 excellent Euph players already. Don't measure your time at Grimey merely by the T-Shirts accumulated. Didn't you also win a couple of Brass in Concert titles?

14. rosolino

rosolino Member

It's not like you haven't resorted to personal insults on this thread, Stuart :wink:

15. ballyhorn

ballyhorn Member

Getting a bit bitchy now.....:)

16. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Sorry - thats my fault, I accidentally fell asleep on my F5 key last night. ;-)

17. smaca

smaca Active Member

Have I ? Will need to re-read then, a I am not aware of this. If I have gave that impression I apologise to whoever felt insulted.

So whens the new PC being announced Humphrey? Any closer to that appointment?

18. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

I accept your criticism entirely, but being a member of the " grumbling old farts brigade" I don't give a fig about your opinion, and even less so now I'm entering my second childhood.
    The offer was genuine to give you triple tongueing lessons, but you're obviously above taking instruction from an old fart.
    God bless you my son, long may your lum (not sure of the spelling) wreak!

Tooteroomanny

19. smaca

smaca Active Member

We both know what you meant, and why you said it.Don't regard you as an old fart, actually regard you as a fine musician, and one who always puts music first when preparing a band/players to perform(a rare quality these days, where speed, loudness and loud percussion seem to be the priority).I am never above being advised or getting musical lessons from people far better and more qualified than me, and I regard you being in that positon------------just felt you being slighhtly unfair, hence the kick back.

And honest, I really do like this thread and the interesting goings ons at one of the worlds best bands.

20. Humphrey

Humphrey Member

If you can't beat 'em...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.