Sheona White Mouthpiece

Discussion in ' User Reviews' started by VegasGeorge, Jan 19, 2014.

1. VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge Member

My new Sheona White mouthpiece arrived today. When I looked at it, I was immediately struck by how much it resembles my Dennis Wick 2. The bore of the Sheona White is just a tad narrower than the Dennis Wick 2, and the inside or the rim is a bit sharper. Otherwise they seem very much alike. When I tried it I was fascinated to discover that it incorporates the best features of both the Dennis Wick 2 and the Bach A3 mouthpieces I’ve been playing. The Bach A3 always seemed to have a more centered (but brighter) tone, a better high range, and more precise control over movement between notes. Those were the reasons I had been playing it in preference to the Dennis Wick 2 on most occasions. The Dennis Wick 2, on the other hand, has a better Tenor Horn tone quality, better low range, and a more comfortable rim. The new Sheona White has the best qualities of both. It isn’t a compromise either. It plays very well, and just seems to avoid the other mouthpieces’ weaker points. I think the Sheona White mouthpiece will add a lot of pleasure to my playing.
  2. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Can't wait to try one of these. Apparently it has a slightly enlarged hoop and a bit more of a fuzzy growler compared to the DW2?
  3. VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge Member

The Sheona White doesn't feel bigger than than the Dennis Wick 2, but the inside of the rim feels like it's set at a sharper angle. The tone seems warm and fuzzy, much like the DW 2. Remember, I only have the Dennis Wick 2, and the Bach 3A for comparison.