Sheona White joins Black Dyke.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Rapier, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Nice signing. Alex Kerwin is moving onto solo cornet.
  2. garsop_2000

garsop_2000 Member

3. _si

_si Member

4. umchacha56k

umchacha56k Member

5. Class move that is, more improvements for dyke.
  6. garsop_2000

garsop_2000 Member

Great move this finally Dyke have a Horn player with all due respect to Alex I feel she is best suited to Flugel or Bb Cor. Somehow or another I have a feeling that this is not the end of the movements within Black Dyke. I wonder will Alex's venture on Bb Cornet be a short one ;)

Mods : I had posted this originally however it was removed after you twitted it to twitter, may i ask as of why it would be removed ?
  7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Hmm that's odd - I merged your post into another thread on the same subject and moved them both into the Rehearsal Room, but it looks like your post has got lost in the ether somehow. Not sure how or why. Sorry!
  8. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Ian, you merged his post with an unapproved thread and thus it was no longer visible.
    All shoud be sorted now and both other posts are merged into this one ;)

Only the link in the twitter-post ("tweet" or however you call it) doesn't work anymore, but I have no idea if that can be changed.
  9. simonium

simonium Member

Great signing. I'm intrigued by the possibilities.
  10. bariwizard

bariwizard Member

Result for Alex, Sheona, Dr Nick & Dyke. The perfect move by all concerned.:clap:
  11. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Member

Why did she switch bands ?
  12. _si

_si Member

well the lure of Dyke takes some resisting i would imagine (cos thats all i'll ever be able to do :))
  13. John_D

John_D Member

from where? She was only ever going to be at Grimey for a 'one off', it was never going to a permanent move.
  14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Possibly, but I think she is in a position to pick and choose whoever she wants to play with. :cool:
  15. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Indeed. I have it on good authority that she spoke to DK before taking the seat. He said that it would be the best move for her.

DK for Dyke anyone?.......
  16. Perchead

Perchead New Member

Great signing from the Good Doctor and Dyke !!!!!!
  17. Simon Preshom

Simon Preshom Member

Black Dyke had a video interview between Dr Nick and Alex Kerwin on its facebook page, explaining how and why Alex had moved from Flugel to solo horn to now bench man.

I just wonder why they have now removed it...............
  18. billysackbutt

billysackbutt Member

Because it was absoutely cringe worthy! It did nothin for Mrs Kerwins credibility. The Doctor actually made reference to the poor lass having horn lessons!
  19. Eleanor91

Eleanor91 Member

I don't see why this issue has popped up on here?

Sheona White is an absolute legend and inspiration in my eyes.
    One of the best on the banding scene - awesome move.
  20. bariwizard

bariwizard Member

....No way would the nutty professor see the inside of that bandroom again. I think Dr C has quietly put any criticism levelled at him after Dykes area result by getting top results in every other area he has conducted in - including qualifying of No.1 in Scotland. He is clearly going about sorting any issues at Dyke, and the only conversation Ms White is likely to have had with DK is to tell him she isn't going to B&R because she has had a (much) better offer.