Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by strongbow, Jun 5, 2003.

1. strongbow

strongbow Member

Could anyone help with a copy of the Solo Euphonium part to Shenandoah. As usual with solo's we have gone to play it only to find the solo part missing.

Please could you fax to 0161-275-2961 or post it to the bandroom

2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

will check our library and ask our librarian cheers shaz
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Just to remind you all that photocopying/faxing music is illegal!
    And if the arranger or publisher of Shenandoah happens to be a tMP member or reads this post, I must point out that they fully intend to contact you to seek a replacement part or obtain permission to replace the missing part, so as not to breach any copyright regulations that you have imposed. If for any reason they do not contact you I would presumme the missing part has been found. :roll:

4. YEAH!

5. strongbow

strongbow Member

Fine, if that's the case then we will play someone else's solo as is the case this time as we don't have time to find the soloist part.

I presume from your reply that "they full intend to contact you" means that they are part of this group?
  6. hmmmm I though you were allowed to photocopy music for rehursal purposes????? Could well be wrong though but i thought you could.
  7. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I thought copying for YOUR OWN practice purposes was fine but copying for SOMEONE ELSE is illegal...........ROGER?!
  8. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

As you all know the subject of 'copyright' is very complicated.
    What I'll try and do over the weekend is put together a thread where I'll explain the do's and dont's of copyright (in layman's terms) and hopefully make things a little bit clearer.

In the meantime if you have any doubts about copyright - DON'T DO IT.