Share My Yoke - Programme Notes

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Ginge, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Ginge

Ginge Member

Hi, my friend needs to write programme notes for the cornet/flugel solo, Share my Yoke, but can't find much info on the piece. Does anyone know any info about it?
    Any info is much appreciated, cheers!
  2. chill

chill Member

I believe it was originally written as a Salvation Army Songster (choir) piece, and then arranged as a cornet solo
    So might be worth searching for the Songster arrangement, you might find more luck.
  3. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

4. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

5. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

Always good to refer to the words when presenting a piece such as this, I feel. You may already have them, but just in case you don't, they can be found here:

An aside on this point: I recently heard a concert performance of 'Shine As The Light' where the words to all the featured songs were printed in the programme. Despite having played and loved the piece for many years, I never found so deeply affecting as I did in that context.
  6. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Chorus - Share my Yoke and Find that I am Joined with you, your slightest movement I will feel and be there too; SHare my Yoke and go the way that I must go, in our togetherness my peace youll know , the world beholding us will see its so.